ProMods for ATS

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
erikdaderp
Donation rank:

10 May 2020 23:34

Nico wrote:
05 Dec 2019 09:57
Since ATS is still under constant development it makes no sense for us to start working on US states.

With that in mind we started a project this year, aiming on adding Canada to the game. More about his can be read here: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=28751
The same can be said for ets2
It will take years for scs to reach the east coast, why not start there? (Don't get me wrong I'm not angry at you, just a suggestion :)
PC:
Ryzen 5 1600 OCed to 3650
RX 580 OCed to 1400 and undervolted to 1080mV
16gb ram at 2800

Windows 10, debloated, Playnite in fullscreen with ps5 skin and controller support at logon instead of explorer (for a console esque experience)
macOS Big Sur (Hackintosh) for non-gaming stuff

Tengo

11 May 2020 22:13

It would be Better if they do Mexico, at least theres a land connection.

bricksathome
Developer

12 May 2020 21:53

erikdaderp wrote:
10 May 2020 23:34
The same can be said for ets2
It will take years for scs to reach the east coast, why not start there? (Don't get me wrong I'm not angry at you, just a suggestion :)
When ProMods was first released for ETS2 that wasn't the case, there were no map DLC's for ETS2, only after the Scandinavia DLC did SCS start releasing yearly map DLCs and now we find ourselves having to constantly play catch up with integrating SCS's newest DLC. working on Canada means we avoid all the hassle that we're going through in ETS2.
The Best Way To see What I've been Doing Recently Is To Click Here!
http://www.youtube.com/c/bricksathome1

Currently working in mid Wales in ETS2
and the area around Kelowna and Vernon in ATS

brainiac
Donation rank:

13 May 2020 13:02

But we all love the Promods map and don't have to play on vanilla map or another map of the lower quality.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

garsenault
Donation rank:

14 May 2020 15:17

Yes, Promods is great at that, but is it worth the time to make a modification within the states? Lets think about that...

-First of all - most of the ATS map is actually very good in quality.
-California and Nevada are a bit yucky, but knowing the ATS developers, they will rebuild it sometime, probably in phases.
-Unlike ETS2, their is a clear geographical direction which they will build these DLC’s (west to east) and there is no point doing a new state as they know their work will be steamrolled by a DLC. Yeah, they can merge their work - but that may take a lot of time.
-If they start at the east coast, Promods work won’t be connected to the base map, which is not how Promods like to seem to develop their map
-Why not go to an area (like Canada which is what Promods is obviously doing), where Promods developers can be assured that SCS wont go there for a long time (SCS clear goal is to finish the states first which will take years)
-Besides, more map area the better
-Also, there are already map mods that modify the existing areas, which would be most likely incompatible with Promods if they decided to redevelop existing areas
Last edited by bmwGTR on 14 May 2020 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reduced quote

brainiac
Donation rank:

14 May 2020 17:18

Look at what do team Reforma. They won't care about scs updates in their area. I am glad that they took rebuilding old parts of the map on which I didn't want to drive.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

flight8050

03 Jun 2020 20:44

bricksathome wrote:
12 May 2020 21:53
working on Canada means we avoid all the hassle that we're going through in ETS2.
This is the part I will love the most about ProMods Canada. It will more than likely take awhile before SCS gets to Canada. Only thing ProMods needs is bordering US states or possibly others for new assets and updates. Otherwise, ProMods has years of uninterrupted mapping ahead in Canada and I can't wait to see what's in store for us all.

arlingtonVirginia
Donation rank:

27 Jul 2020 00:45

Random thought here, it'd be pretty neat if ProMods ended up doing the inhabited US insular areas (Guam, CNMI, American Samoa, PR, USVI) + Hawaii, in a similar vain to how ProMods ETS2 expands to Svalbard, Cyprus, other small islands, etc. Scaled up would be a neat bonus. It'd be super interesting trucking through those areas, and I doubt SCS will ever do them.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information