Base Map in Map Editor

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
chaffinch

14 May 2020 13:37

Hello,

I am looking at a possibility to building prototype extensions for ProMods, but I have noticed that the default base map in ETS2’s map editor is out of sync with the ProMods map which I am working from (screenie attached): for example, Thessaloniki is right in the middle of the Aegean Sea according ot the default map.

I am writing to ask whether ProMods is using a custom map that I should use instead, or that the offsets listed in here have been updated recently. I can generate a new layer via Maperitive or something, but I want to be sure that I am using the same projection that ProMods is using now, to avoid alignment issues in the future.

ProMods 2.45, Euro Truck Simulator 1.36 (because as the notice said, ProMods is not ready for 1.37)

Plum™
Developer

14 May 2020 14:57

You need to launch the map editor with -forcemods

chaffinch

14 May 2020 17:00

I got it running with -force_mods. Thanks anyway: now I have to try and get used to portraying cities at a larger scale than the rural roads, unlike what I do when mapping on OpenStreetMap.

EXTRA: I am now planning to use OpenStreetMap to create a better resolution version of the map of Greece, due to resolution issues of the default, and the absence of Crete. Now, I can easily learn how to create the background map for the editor, but my question here is what projection specs ProMods would like me to use for the area, to be as seamless as possible. And do you also have a scale for the elevation?

chaffinch

31 May 2020 13:47

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is out of alignment again, with Thessaloniki now east of Sarajevo. I checked that -force_mods is active, and the ordering is (highest to lowest):

ProMods 2.46 - Definitions
ProMods 2.46 - Map
ProMods 2.46 - Models 1-3
ProMods 2.46 - Media
ProMods 2.46 - Assets

ETS 2 version 1.37.1.6

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information