Rusmap. Russian community. Promods. Haters.

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
id777
Donation rank:

22 May 2020 02:11

Hello. It's very important issue. So please, read it.

This month I have read on russian forum that several times Promods and Rusmap combo cause crash without errors in game log.

As Sergey061, Rusmap developer told, it was caused by deleted road sign near Joensuu - Sortavala area. It was deleted by Promods. Sergey did huge amount of work on repairing such errors.

As I know it is not the only problem.

Russian community is angry because of that issue. So I am afraid that we can lose Promods and Rusmap compatibility in the future.

So question to Promods developers, is it possible to share information with Sergey and aldimator about recent changes in border area (with Rusmap territory)? I am writing about little changes like for example - Deleting road sign etc.

Отправлено спустя 13 минут 15 секунд:
Or maybe you have own way to improve cooperation with Rusmap?
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Horizon™
Developer

22 May 2020 09:00

Hello,

It is likely that an issue was caused by me unintentionally, as I am currently spending my free time on removing unnecessary and outdated assets, such as Russian road signs, therefore, if such sign appeared in the RusMap or RusMap/PM connector, it would cause issues.

I am sorry if that's the case, as I didn't think that it might cause issues to RusMap or connector between two maps, as I primarily checked if our WIP and 2.4x builds are not affected by such change.

Of course, such issues might arise in the future versions whilst we continue to phase out old assets that are now unnecessary and are no longer useful for the project, but it is not done purposefully to break other mods and cause issues for end-user (player), but as a long-term solution on reducing our file size. For e.g. between 2.45 and 2.46 versions, about 60MB of unnecessary assets and their textures were removed, which does benefit us and players.

P.S. Considering I do not speak Russian, someone should post this on "truck-sim.club" to whom it might concern.

Thank you,

Sincerely, Horizon­™
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Devilagent
Donation rank:

22 May 2020 09:44

It' also affect other mods that rely on Promods. Those replacing of assets happens very randomly so it;s difficult to fix those. Sometimes this can be solved by g_delete_uid but sometimes it crashes the editor and are not fixable so you have to start from scratch in that specific sector. I wish Promods would provide a asset pack of removed files so modders can still fix those issues without to much trouble.

id777
Donation rank:

23 May 2020 01:15

Thank you for answer, Horizon. Please improve your cooperation with Rusmap developers. Personally I don't want to lose compatibility with Rusmap.
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Frozen1

30 May 2020 06:52

No one does. They are the best.
ImageImage

HQ: Rousse (BG)
Truck: MAN TGX Euro 6 2013
ProMods since: August 2013 v1.0