Middle East Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Ranchester
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2020 16:50

A bit of a constructive criticism coming up. I´m sure Platypus did a lot of hard work putting this map extension together but I don´t see this Middle East extension as quality work as the rest of the ProMods areas, it reminds a lot of those old TSM maps. The proper feel of big city scapes are just lacking and those old ugly SCS base models from the original SCS map are everywhere. I don´t think you need to try to model every street in every big city. That brings problems like lack of proper city vistas on the distance which bring a lot of immersion (see for example ProMods Belgrade which is amazing!). I´d even drop some of the cities to make places like Tel Aviv and/or Jerusalem to feel bigger and like an actual metropolis. This was not to bash the mappers or anything like that, just my cup of few cents for the developers for the future!

Platypus
Developer

05 Jun 2020 19:47

Hello,

Sorry but if you await from me to rebuild the existing areas, the answer is simply negative. Just understand I work ALONE there and I have no time for this.
Middle-East received already improvements with new prefabs ... Sorry to answer quite directly but I prefer to be honest and to say that a deep rebuild is out of the question.

Regards,
Platypus

bos.peter
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2020 21:00

Hi ,

I love the map one question maye it is already asked sorry then but at Tyr there is border control with 2 gates that are closed but when I do border check nothing activates checked in console. Is this not implemented for the moment.

Kind regards
Peter

Platypus
Developer

05 Jun 2020 21:23

Yeah, this border is not functional because it's closed in real life. Officially, Lebanon and Israel have no peace treaty and it arrives that some military fights occurs between the two countries.
Have a look to this if you want to cross it, but as said, it's not realistic : viewtopic.php?f=42&t=30151

samuray
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2020 10:41

bos.peter wrote:
05 Jun 2020 21:00
Hi ,

I love the map one question maye it is already asked sorry then but at Tyr there is border control with 2 gates that are closed but when I do border check nothing activates checked in console. Is this not implemented for the moment.

Kind regards
Peter
In reality if Lebanese border guards notice any evidence of your visit to Israel in your passport (entry, exit stamp, visa, etc) you will be forbidden entrance to Lebanon and even could get arrested.

Frate
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2020 14:32

I head, that you should have 2 passworts, if you want to visit both of the countries.

ThunderTrucker
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2020 23:37

Platypus wrote:
05 Jun 2020 19:47
Hello,

Sorry but if you await from me to rebuild the existing areas, the answer is simply negative. Just understand I work ALONE there and I have no time for this.
Middle-East received already improvements with new prefabs ... Sorry to answer quite directly but I prefer to be honest and to say that a deep rebuild is out of the question.

Regards,
Platypus
You've done a great job all by yourself!
Cheers!
I know each span of this ground.
Just tell me which way should I go.
So many "comes" and "goes", oh God
So many...
Feel the need for travel, the need...

worldisblack

11 Jun 2020 19:45

Hello everyone!

As some of you (maybe) noticed before, i am very cuuuurious about the next update for this Add-on :D . Because of this, i wanna make some estimations about the posibble roads of Antakya-Adana-Mersin area, just for fun. (If you cannot see pictures, please tell me)

This is the possible roads that i have guess. Entering the Yayladagi from Syria, to Antakya on the state road. After Antakya (Center of Hatay), we gonna see the mountanious road, calling "Belen Pass" (Belen Geçişi in Turkish). After finishing Belen, the highway starts and we reach very, very hot area, Iskenderun. And after, on the highway i think, we reach the Ceyhan district, but i think we will not enter any part of Ceyhan, just pass it. And afer, center of the whole Çukurova/Cilicia region, Adana. After that, beautiful Mersin. Now lets look closer and possible industrial workzones.

1: Hatay. For industry, there is a small industry zone near the city, and companies all along the northern road. I see automotive industries in there, but Hatay known for its olives too. So maybe we will see this both industries in there.
2: Belen twists. We may see the very curly and mountanious roads there.
3: Highway start point.
4: Iskenderun. There is a port in Iskenderun, and really big iron-steel industry too. So i think we will see iron-steel industries in Iskenderun.

5: Its a small possibility, but maybe we will see petrolium industrial company or companies in these area. Because its a port and center of the Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey pipeline. And in the future, Netherlands, Algeria and Turkey will build really large industrial zone for petrolium industry in there.
6: Adana Ornagised Industrial Area. Its one of biggest industrial zones in Turkey. If the team gonna make this area, maybe we will see chemistry, textile, furniture, machinery, and food industries.
7: There is a timber industrial zone in here, but its out of organised area and require a little city pass north-to-south upon the Sezai Karakoc Blv. I think maybe we will not see this area, but maybe see.
8: Another industrial area of Adana city. For reaching there, the one must use the Ogretmenler Blv road, it have a connection to highway. There is a lot automotive and machinery companies in there, and a big fruit & vegetable markethall. Because of Çukurova have really rich soils, both Adana and Mersin have really big agricultural production. Some vegetables and fruits mostly producing in region like lemon, oranges, watermelon, yellowmelon etc.
9: Another possible "maybe" point. In Yenice, a neighborhood of Tarsus/Mersin, Turkish Railways have a big train logistic zone. And i think maybe we will see a train company like Balkan Loco. And for reaching there area, like other parts of Adana, the one must use the connection road between highway and state way, D400.
10: Mersin... Mersin have one of biggest ports in Turkey. And they have an industrial zone near the port. We may use the 151. Cd road for reaching the port and the zone. Zone includes agricultural and food industries.

Lets wait and see, fellas. :D

Çukurova Logistics TB: https://trucksbook.eu/company/65722
Çukurova Logistics TMP: https://truckersmp.com/vtc/9892

Teurov
Donation rank:

11 Jun 2020 23:15

That's a great concept map, worldisblack! However i'd suggest completing Adana-Tarsus-Mersin state road (D.400) since it also hosts many industrial sites along Tarsus-Mersin route.

worldisblack

12 Jun 2020 07:42

Yes, absolutely. But my concern is, if they gonna build the D400 between Adana-Mersin completely, then they must make really big city pass for Adana, and its really hard to do. So i keep it little simple: using the highway, and reaching the industrial places, using the connection roads. I know this time they must the Adana highway pass, which that includes so many apartments, but D400 pass is way too long..

I hope they build both highway and Adana-Mersin part of D400, because D400 have so much tall palms and unlimited farms, and think about that you driving that way in sunset.....

Çukurova Logistics TB: https://trucksbook.eu/company/65722
Çukurova Logistics TMP: https://truckersmp.com/vtc/9892

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information