Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
SpaceNIght
Donation rank:

15 Jul 2020 19:06

time to go find it then, Im guessing its on an unlocked pathway

can someone point me to it please

Xp132476
Donation rank:

16 Jul 2020 09:08

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for the effort you have put into Iceland rebuilding OfficialDOWL.

I am getting more and more blown away by the screenshots. I should be visiting Iceland in December in real life so can't wait to see it if your screenshots are anything to go by :)
Case: Inwin Dragon Slayer CPU: Intel Quad-Core i5-4690 GPU: ZOTAC Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 6GB
Motherboard: GIGABYTE H97N-D3H RAM: Corsair Vengeance 24GB (2 x 8GB, 2 x 4GB)
Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB and Western Digital Blue 1TB
PSU: EVGA 500W OS: Windows 10 Professional

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

18 Jul 2020 00:42

Thank you for your kind words, I wish I could be so lucky as to visit Iceland (I nearly did once but it didn't come together in the end).

Anyone who knows the Snæfellsnes Penisula, please let me know of the important landmarks or places you can see from the road, or in Ólafsvík or Stykkishólmur. From Google Maps I can see farms and harbours as potential depots and of course there's Snæfellsjökull as scenery, but it'd be good to know if there's anything important but not obvious I could try to include.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

SpaceNIght
Donation rank:

20 Jul 2020 21:32

well this was my trip across Iceland https://youtu.be/UNr3vp57a90

one of many I have been on across promods, its one of my go-to locations

thedavitos

21 Jul 2020 02:50

OfficialDOWL wrote:
18 Jul 2020 00:42
Thank you for your kind words, I wish I could be so lucky as to visit Iceland (I nearly did once but it didn't come together in the end).

Anyone who knows the Snæfellsnes Penisula, please let me know of the important landmarks or places you can see from the road, or in Ólafsvík or Stykkishólmur. From Google Maps I can see farms and harbours as potential depots and of course there's Snæfellsjökull as scenery, but it'd be good to know if there's anything important but not obvious I could try to include.
well there is a prison called Kvíabryggja between ólafsvíks and grundafjörður and on drive to grundafjörður you can see Kirkjufellsfoss and Arrowhead mountain (Kirkjufell) that was both in game of thrones (them two + the snæfellsjökull/glaciar would be my three tops) , Berserkjahraun is then between grundafjörður and stykkishólmur but mostly because i like the name Berserk as you know there must have been battle during vikings time to get that name haha but you more just drive past it and if there wouldnt be a sign then you wouldnt even know about it , also there is a long bridge then you just leave grundafjörður on way to stykkishólmur that i have seen tourist stop at to take photos that is called Kolgrafafjörð https://www.flickr.com/photos/iceland-ho/41256732452

Tjele
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2020 20:53

I think Iceland is one of the most awesome additions to this game. But I'm having trouble with Vestmannaeyjar. I have driven all the mapped roads until they turned yellow. But the name "Vestmannaeyjar" won't turn yellow/unlock. Even though I have been on the island 2-3 times. Can anyone guide me towards a solution or where to drive?

JohnBart
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2020 14:28

Hi Tjele,

Hmm, this was a known bug back in 2.20, but checking it now, I also noticed that the city does not get discovered again when going there via the ferry - only by placing the truck via the developer camera. Maybe the bug has regressed. Thanks for pointing this out! ;)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Wrona 628

26 Jul 2020 20:02

Tjele wrote:
25 Jul 2020 20:53
I think Iceland is one of the most awesome additions to this game. But I'm having trouble with Vestmannaeyjar. I have driven all the mapped roads until they turned yellow. But the name "Vestmannaeyjar" won't turn yellow/unlock. Even though I have been on the island 2-3 times. Can anyone guide me towards a solution or where to drive?
You can also make the delivery to this city
Have a nice day and tasty coffee in the morning
Życzę miłego dnia i smacznej kawusi z rana
;)

ProMods Translator
TerraMaps Translator

ancien

30 Jul 2020 12:02

Maybe a little bit of topic, but thanks to the awesome work by the Promods team I decided to visit the Faroe Islands. I was there last month, with the 30 h MS Nörrora ferry from Hirtshals (like in the game) I have to say you guys did an awesome job caputring that Faroe vibe, the roads, undersea tunnels, landscape and cities.

I am wondering, where did Promods get their inside info from to create it as good as it is, is there promods staff from the Faroe Islands? Or was there a little business trip to there to photograph a lot of stuff?

Well done!
ancien
LD Logistics
Based in Belgium

JohnBart
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2020 13:16

Hey ancien,

Thank you for your kind words! ;)
It's mostly Google Maps magic, really. ;)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information