when will the promods 2.50 update come out??

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Eurodriv
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2020 13:58

Madrid will be in promods 2.5 :?:

hahnson

30 Jul 2020 14:12

I dont think it will, afaik development in Spain stoped some time ago when SCS announced that next DLC is Iberia, (which will most likely contain Madrid, ) and by then work on Madrid had only started but not finished

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2020 16:52

Nope. Only Ciudad Real will be new in 2.5 as said in the blog post
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

Eurodriv
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2020 17:56

Will be there the Autovia-A1 Madrid-Irun :?:

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2020 18:06

Read Scan's post above.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

Amfortas

13 Aug 2020 17:17

As a developer myself, I fully understand that no one wants to release any program before it's ready. To do so would jeopardize the reparation of the development team. COVID-19 has set back every team's estimated release dates quite a bit.

Answering anyone who asks when this mod might be ready the way some are (including some moderators), is both rude and unprofessional. I don't care if the new version takes another six months to a year before it's released. My life and/or enjoyment is not affected by the release of any entertainment software.

A straightforward solution would be for either a developer or even a mod to create read-only posts in an area off the main forum index. These posts would provide very short updates when new progress is made. For example, "Promod 2.50 has been made available to selected testers" or "issues were found that require additional work.". Such very short updates take less than a minute to write and keep the vast majority informed well enough and prevents most for feeling beneath contempt. Then, if for some odd reason someone still asks when it will be released, all anyone has to do is reply with a link to the mod update post. It takes far less time then having multiple people responding with "It'll be ready when it's ready" and, more importantly, minimize the appearance that the developers condone poor PR by its representatives (Moderators in this case).

Now, more than anytime before, tolerance is a must. Everyone is feeling a heightened level of stress due to current world events. Taken a minute every week or two to update loyal followers isn't asking too much. It's also essential for us to remember that we don't all live in a single region or even continent. What might seem as a "cute response" isn't necessarily seen the same way by others.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

13 Aug 2020 17:56

We've posting blog posts on a regular basis to keep the community updated.
We can't possibly share every WIP update or every bug fix we do. That too much unnecessary work.
People just need to be patient. Our answer won't change. It'll be released when it's ready. And it's ready when it's ready.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

BigBahamut

13 Aug 2020 19:53

Amfortas wrote:
As a developer myself, I fully understand that no one wants to release any program before it's ready. To do so would jeopardize the reparation of the development team. COVID-19 has set back every team's estimated release dates quite a bit.

Answering anyone who asks when this mod might be ready the way some are (including some moderators), is both rude and unprofessional. I don't care if the new version takes another six months to a year before it's released. My life and/or enjoyment is not affected by the release of any entertainment software.

A straightforward solution would be for either a developer or even a mod to create read-only posts in an area off the main forum index. These posts would provide very short updates when new progress is made. For example, "Promod 2.50 has been made available to selected testers" or "issues were found that require additional work.". Such very short updates take less than a minute to write and keep the vast majority informed well enough and prevents most for feeling beneath contempt. Then, if for some odd reason someone still asks when it will be released, all anyone has to do is reply with a link to the mod update post. It takes far less time then having multiple people responding with "It'll be ready when it's ready" and, more importantly, minimize the appearance that the developers condone poor PR by its representatives (Moderators in this case).

Now, more than anytime before, tolerance is a must. Everyone is feeling a heightened level of stress due to current world events. Taken a minute every week or two to update loyal followers isn't asking too much. It's also essential for us to remember that we don't all live in a single region or even continent. What might seem as a "cute response" isn't necessarily seen the same way by others.
My speeches .... Thanks :-)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

13 Aug 2020 20:55

Amfortas wrote:
COVID-19 barely affects us negatively, some of us had even more time. However, we are a hobby project and are totally dependent on the free time we have. Most of us have other obligations as well, such as work, school or university, thus our time to work on the mod can vary a lot, even from day to day. Therefore, even within the team, it's practically impossible to make a good time planning; at times we had set release dates it always turned out to be a disaster, with a really buggy mod as a result. We don't do that any more since 2.00 came out and we want our mod to be at a certain level where we've reduced the number of bugs to an acceptably low level. Since both the developers and testers do this in their free time, testing the mod and fixing the mod will take a while, and you can only fix bugs you know exist, so we give our testers enough time to find them. Some of these bugs are really annoying to fix, because either they are hard to analyse or something makes them hard or very labour intensive to solve. Last update, we've been stuck for weeks on getting FMOD working, and such delays can be severe and unexpected, and throw a wrench in any plan you would have...

So why do we keep on saying "it's ready when it's ready"? Because most of the time, we simply don't know either!
Amfortas wrote:
A straightforward solution would be for either a developer or even a mod to create read-only posts in an area off the main forum index. These posts would provide very short updates when new progress is made. For example, "Promod 2.50 has been made available to selected testers" or "issues were found that require additional work.". Such very short updates take less than a minute to write and keep the vast majority informed well enough and prevents most for feeling beneath contempt. Then, if for some odd reason someone still asks when it will be released, all anyone has to do is reply with a link to the mod update post.
Even when we have written things like FAQs or other important bits of information, people still fail to read them. You don't even want to know how many people miss BIG BOLD RED TEXT IN ALL CAPS that you need to download a DEF file, or miss the clear disclaimer in the paid download that the mod doesn't work if you don't have all the DLCs. The more time you spend on the internet, the more often you'll find that people just don't read.
And this is not an issue limited to the ETS2 community; I've seen it in the SimCity 4 community too, where a mod temporarily drained all water in the map to allow to make diagonal bridges. This resulted in the infamous "Where's my water?" issue, where people didn't even read the mod description or the screenshots(!), and wondered where all the water had gone. The avoidable questions only stopped when they added "REMOVES WATER" to the mod title.

So, nice suggestion in theory... but it apparently doesn't work in practice... People don't read, people don't look things up, and common sense doesn't seem to be so common nowadays...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Hungiboy

14 Aug 2020 00:35

Volleybal4life wrote:
13 Aug 2020 17:56
We can't possibly share every WIP update or every bug fix we do. That too much unnecessary work.
This is not only unnecessary, but also a waste of time.
I like ProMods. Especially ProMods Germany :D.
ProMods user since v2.43

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information