Map Refuses to Save

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
FennecRaptor

21 Jul 2020 22:56

I have a map that I have been working on for about a year called "i80". A few days ago, right after updating to 1.38.1.1s of ATS, I opened it in the editor to work on it but, after a few minutes the editor crashed. I reopened the map in the editor, however, when I went to save the map after working on it, I received the following error message: "Failed to Create the output file - the map IS NOT saved, backups have been advanced." I looked in the console and found the following output:

[ufs] Failed to mount ../../base_map in read-write mode.
[fs] Failed to open file '/[base_map:1:writable]/map/i80.mbd' in the create_truncate mode.
Unable to create file '/[base_map:1:writable]/map/i80.mbd', will retry
[fs] Failed to open file '/[base_map:1:writable]/map/i80.mbd' in the create_truncate mode.
Unable to create file '/[base_map:1:writable]/map/i80.mbd', will retry

These last two lines were then repeated 9 more times.

When I originally created this map, I did extract the base.scs file, so I do have a folder named base with a folder named map within it, meaning that this shouldn't be the problem. However, I did re-extract the base.scs file and tried saving my map with and without my old i80 folder and i80.mbd file in the newly created map folder. Unfortunately, the same error appeared again. I also tried putting a copy of a backup of my i80.scs file in the mods folder as well as backups of my i80 folder and i80.mbd file in the map folder. This also didn't work. One final thing that I tried was opening usa.mbd in the editor and saving that as a new map, but I received the same error as before. Unfortunately, after opening usa.mbd I found that all roads, terrain, and models were no longer being displayed in it. Worse still, when I reopened my map, all roads, terrain, and models were no longer being displayed there either although the terrain sectors still existed.

Does anyone have any ideas for recovering the information in my map and fixing the editor so that it will save again?

Thanks.

Claverx
Donation rank:

22 Jul 2020 19:31

read this post (answer of OfficialDOWL - Developer)
https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 55#p299455
My ETS2 1.37 set: Promods 2.46 & ME & TCP + ETS2 Local Radio + Naturalux + Rusmap 2.1 + Southern Region 8.0 + Great Steppe 1.36

My screenshot thread https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 9&start=30

FennecRaptor

22 Jul 2020 20:13

Hi Claverx,
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the link you kindly provided leads to page that simply states, "The requested topic does not exist." Could you try re-posting?
Thanks for your help.

Claverx
Donation rank:

22 Jul 2020 21:14

My ETS2 1.37 set: Promods 2.46 & ME & TCP + ETS2 Local Radio + Naturalux + Rusmap 2.1 + Southern Region 8.0 + Great Steppe 1.36

My screenshot thread https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 9&start=30

FennecRaptor

24 Jul 2020 19:47

No problem. The solution provided in the thread worked perfectly and now I can save again. Unfortunately, the roads, terrain, and other models still aren't showing in my map. I tried re-computing the map but the editor keeps crashing partway through. Do you have any ideas for getting these things to be visible again?
Thanks

FennecRaptor

11 Aug 2020 17:04

I eventually got the map to re-compute without crashing. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the problem. However, by uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I was able to get all my previously placed content to reappear.
Thanks again for all your help.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information