when will the promods 2.50 update come out??

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ScuL
Founder

14 Aug 2020 03:58

The reality is that we can't provide any realistic answer because we don't know the answer ourselves.

It has happened in the past that when we thought the release was totally ready, all of a sudden a game breaking bug was found, such as ferry routes crashing the game or invisible walls in frequently visited areas.

The cycle is as following:
development -> rough testing (senior beta testers) -> fine-tuning -> extensive testing (junior beta testers) -> bug fixing -> release candidate produced -> promotion on-line -> further testing -> bug fixing -> release

I think it should be obvious to see what stage we are at right now. Every minute out of our day that we take to answer people asking "when will it be released" actually slows down the release because that minute could've been spent on bug fixing :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

IvanKuz

14 Aug 2020 17:50

I completely understand why "it's ready when it's ready", but I can see how the phrase itself can come across as rude to some people, which is what I think @Amfortas means. Maybe it would be better to just write something like "we don't know when it will be ready ourselves, it's impossible to estimate" instead of the admittedly much shorter "it's ready when it's ready", which does have a somewhat unfriendly vibe to it.

JohnBart
Donation rank:

14 Aug 2020 20:02

Rest assured, we never want to be rude with any of our players who appreciate our work by playing with the mod. :)

It's just much simpler and easier to convey the message with "It's ready when it's ready." or "When it's done."
As both the forum and the Discord servers are multi-national communities, with the English skills of the playerbase moving on a very wide scale, simpler messages just work better. :)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

nikobellek
Donation rank:

15 Aug 2020 00:06

It's clear :) .

This team spirit give the results of your very nice work... Keep it up 8-)
Last edited by bmwGTR on 15 Aug 2020 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Wild Bill Kelso
Donation rank:

15 Aug 2020 08:17

IvanKuz wrote:
14 Aug 2020 17:50
I completely understand why "it's ready when it's ready", but I can see how the phrase itself can come across as rude to some people(...)
"Some people"?
You mean the type of people who annoyingly keep asking "are we there yet?" prior to each update?
I think those kind of people deserve to get their feelings hurt... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Markus.

JohnBart
Donation rank:

15 Aug 2020 15:06

I don't think they deserve to get their feelings hurt (I understand their excitement, after all), but it's true that constantly asking when the next update is released can really get annoying sometimes for the developers, especially because our answer to that has been the same for 7 years now - so no surprises here. ;)

And despite borrowing the release catchphrase from Duke Nukem Forever ("When it's done!"), I still think the team do their best to provide information on the upcoming release. Just take the regular weekly 2.50 Preview articles on our blog, or the periodical updates in the Development topics.

There is still a lot to sort out for 2.50, but we're getting there folks, I promise.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

SneakyPuppyPaws

15 Aug 2020 16:18

Quality work needs time, unexpected things can happen. I simply check the compatibility tab 2x a day, 1x on waking up 1x when going to bed.
Not in a rush to get it but am very curious to all the changes and to experience it myself, like the entire ProMods community lol

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information