City names without Caps?

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
ShadowBlazer01

16 Aug 2020 21:10

Hello, people:

I'm trying to make an addition to SCS's original Europe map and I've just begun experimenting with cities and definitions. The thing is that, when I place the "city" object in the map, the name of the city appears without a single capital letter. Id est, if I call the city "Amiens", the name that pops out in the GPS map is "amiens", if it's supposed to be called "La Spezia", then it shows "la_spezia".

Seeing this, I know it's associated with city_name_localized line into a city definition file:

Code: Select all

city_name_localized: "@@la_spezia@@"
(My city def file is called laspezia.dlc_it.sui)

I created the locale folder, with individual folders inside for every single language implemented into the game, and the local_module.mymap.sii files inside all of them. The content of the .sii local file is as it follows:

Code: Select all

SiiNunit
{
	localization_db : .localization
	{
		key[]: "la_spezia"
		val[]: "La Spezia"
	}
}
I then compressed that locale folder into a zip and the file lies along with def and map zips into the mod folder.

P.D. La Spezia was just an example of a city name with more than one word, I'm actually creating another city, but it'll do :)
Driving fan, living life at University, learning what happiness and wholeness mean in life 😀😀
Industrial Engineering Student at Universidad Francisco de Vitoria (Madrid Metropolitan Area).

Image Image

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2020 00:46

City names are always shown in lower case in the map editor. Only in-game will they have capital letters.

Make sure you load your localisations mod above the map. Try using -force_mods if you need to.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

ShadowBlazer01

18 Aug 2020 12:10

One question then.

Why is it that when I choose a City object (Let's say, Naples) and I show it in the UI map, the name "Nápoles" is displayed?
Driving fan, living life at University, learning what happiness and wholeness mean in life 😀😀
Industrial Engineering Student at Universidad Francisco de Vitoria (Madrid Metropolitan Area).

Image Image

Horizon™
Developer

18 Aug 2020 12:42

Since SCS Software has added game localisation for the cities and countries, the player could see the country and city names in the different language, other than original, depending on the selected language of a user. For e.g. if a Spanish players selects this language in the ETS2, the game will replace original city and country names to the ones that are used in Spain, such as Nápoles for the Italian city of Naples, or Alemania instead of Germany.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

ShadowBlazer01

18 Aug 2020 15:55

Does that mean that only cities that belong to the base game or dlcs will appear with localized names in the editor?

Image Image

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

18 Aug 2020 16:45

That is correct, unless you use -force_mods in the startup options line.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

ShadowBlazer01

18 Aug 2020 23:14

Weird, I have my executable with these properties:

Execute at: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe" -edit mymap -force_mods

Image Image

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information