Austria Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ThomasHpf
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2020 07:11

Either you're just pretending or you're really that narrow-minded. It's all about the principle and Linz, as the third largest city and the second largest metropolitan area in Austria, does not need to be presented in such a minimalist way. Linz does not only consist of the Voest and 5 streets all around plus a dead end street and it is a shame for us Upper Austrians that our state capital is only shown so minimally. In Graz there is the clock tower, in Salzburg the Feste Hohen Salzburg and in Innsbruck the Golden Roof. We are no longer being fed off like that and therefore I keep up my request to subject Linz to a general renovation and to present it in such a way that it corresponds to what Linz is.
Experience from 22 years and around 8 million km. in national and international transportation.

chrissav2002
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2020 07:34

Looking at the road network in the game (via the map screen, I didn't drive to it), Linz is probably a default SCS city where the promods devs have only changed the road network connecting to it, so it's normal that it's a "small city".

Also don't forget that they do it on their free time and that making a big city takes a lot of time (months or even years for huge cities). So it really up to the devs to choose if they prefer to take that time just to make ONE city (and it's not the only one in Austria that need refresh) or use this time to refresh and modernise the entire country with a "lighter approach" like SCS did it for Germany (and Promods did for some parts of 2.50 (see the blog)).

WhiteWolf94

30 Aug 2020 07:40

While Linz does look like it could do with some improvements, there is no way it could realistically be done to the scale that Vienna has been done to. There just isn't enough space to create a massive expansion to the city.

ThomasHpf
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2020 07:50

That what you see from Linz on the Map neverhas changed since ETS1 and its only a very small part of Linz around the Voest Area as you can see on the Map Snapshot i posted before. Hainburg, Reutte and Obsteig have been renovated far more often and are much smaller and less significant. That Vienna, Salzburg and Innsbruck have been completely renewed may be nice, but that is just another sign that you only see a transit federal state in Upper Austria and not what Upper Austria really is. Since ETS1, and that was a long time ago, Linz has never been worked on except for the motorway connections, but then that’s it again. Well, as an Upper Austrian you see it from a different point of view than outsiders and there is also a great deal of regional pride. That's why I'm so upset. And btw. ................ Who cares about Germany? They don't need to push a new update up their bum every year. They are not as important as they do. Austria should be at the top of the list at SCS too, especially the areas that have never been revised.
Experience from 22 years and around 8 million km. in national and international transportation.

WhiteWolf94

30 Aug 2020 08:27

Well I imagine that the original Promods developer would've had plans for linz but unfortunately for whatever reason he stopped working in Austrlia. SCS are also not that concerned about redoing areas. I'm sure there are plans to do over the last remaining default cities in Austria now that it seems that development has restarted. Why they choose Germany to spend most of their focus on - idk; but there are also many areas that are also in need of a rebuild from SCS. England, Hungary, Crech Republic and possibly in Poland are also all in need of a rebuld from SCS (along with Austrlia). Hoowever, it seems that a large amount of resources are being spent on creating new dlc's and making changes to the game.

ThomasHpf
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2020 09:10

And it is not for nothing that Linz and Wels are one of the most important freight handling locations in Austria on both the north-south and east-west lines with countless forwarding companies in land, air and water transport. They should really pay much more attention to that. Well-known heavy haulage companies such as Felbermayr also have their headquarters in the vicinity of Linz because Linz is centrally located and from here a comprehensive service can be provided.

StefanAustria

30 Aug 2020 09:45

Dear ThomasHpf, when I have to read sentences like "Who cares about Germany..." I really became to shame about YOU!
Who is "Narrow minded" here?

Accept that Linz is SCS Base Game, with only minor modifications like Signs and small Companies.
Just like Graz, the 2nd largest City of Austria is.
I were in both, Graz and Linz more than 10 Times in my life, but really the only Base game City of Austria which is Recognizeable was always Linz.

A Base Game city always had about the same Size, no matter Linz, Graz or London. Always 5-6 Streets and 95% of the corner there were 90 degrees.

Interesting Fact beside: In Graz I can´t find the Clock Tower, maybe I didn´t search long enough, or I didn´t give it enough Attention because when I´m there I give more Attention to the Traffic then making Sightseeing. Again, this game is for Trucking, not for Sightseeing.

Anyway, You are trying to convince us, But we are only Users here, just like Yourself. (Exept for the Blue ones here).
A waste of your time and Energy.
You should tell all of your complaints to SCS, they would have to enlargen the whole map for your wishes.

ScuL
Founder

30 Aug 2020 11:03

We try to take in all the feedback we see on the forums and yes many places in Austria deserve more than they currently have, but unfortunately I don't think that we can have someone ready to work on Linz anytime soon. It is not forgotten but it's currently not a priority. The A10 Salzburg-Villach is going to be a very welcome addition and will allow for much better journeys through Austria... This is important now for many players.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

ThomasHpf
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2020 11:51

@ScuL : And that i wanted to hear that it is noticed and wont be forgotten. Thanks a lot for that. Sometimes it makes sense to stay behind his opinion and follow them until it brings some success. And that it is now. Your answer is the success.

fisherjb
Developer

30 Aug 2020 13:00

Don't forget we still have ETS2-User in our team (even tho he isn't much online here) , who makes sure anyone who touches Austria does it right. For now tho, Linz isn't in the planning for the near future. You guys can look forward to a complete A10 in the future. What will come after that? No idea, we will see. Oh and don't ask me when it will released, idk either and it all depends on my free time + motivation ;)
Promods developer of:

- Elbasan :flag_al:
- E-871 :flag_bg: :flag_mk:
- Abbotsford :flag_ca:
- A10 :flag_at:

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information