Austria Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ThomasHpf
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2020 14:29

As I said ... knowing that it has been understood and will not be forgotten is well worth the wait. I completely trust the word of your founder. And if Linz one day will only be half as beautiful as the A10 in the pictures, then I know that it was worth it to open my mouth and express my opinion clearly and firmly. I still have 1 1/2 decades or more until I retire and then I will enjoy spending my free time with the ETS even more.
Experience from 22 years and around 8 million km. in national and international transportation.

ETS2-User
Developer

30 Aug 2020 22:51

As someone who used to study in Vienna, I built this city giving the best of my abilities to represent it properly. As an Upper Austrian and someone who commutes to Linz almost every day, you can be assured that I'd have loved to give it a similar treatment, and it would've been my next project after the Rhine valley rebuild. The representation of Linz has been a sore thumb to me since it first appeared in GTS (Linz wasn't present in ETS1). Unfortunately though, private life has taken its toll and I've found new hobbies that are more motivating with the less amount of free time I have now. I'm not saying I'm never coming back, but for now I've quit mapping. I'm staying in the team for Instagram marketing and making sure that everybody who touches Austria does it properly. Thank you. :)
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Shiva

31 Aug 2020 12:18

ETS2-User Thank you for all the work you have done :)
And still do, for ProMods.
Private life is important.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

bmwGTR

31 Aug 2020 18:40

Hi,

just to be not forgotten - Graz is the second largest citiy in Austria, not Linz ;)

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

ThomasHpf
Donation rank:

01 Sep 2020 06:39

@bmwGTR: I wrote that Graz is the second largest city, but Linz, the third largest city in Austria, but also the second largest metropolitan area in Austria and that´s a huge difference. One is population, the other is population density. See https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linz .

@ETS2-User: It is a pity that you are no longer tackling the Linz project, but to know that you are still making sure that it meets your high standards is a good sign. Ok, as far as my statement regarding ETS1 is concerned, it was a mistake on my part, but it doesn't matter whether ETS1 or GTS. Linz has always been portrayed in the most gruesome way and maybe if I pass the ETS on to my son, who is still too young for it now, in a few years, Linz will also look better.
Experience from 22 years and around 8 million km. in national and international transportation.

Jamesfrench2309
Donation rank:

01 Sep 2020 15:27

When somebody decides to develop Linz it will be developed. You must remember that the Developers can work where they want to work and they work for free.
An Immigrant.

LukasKrznar
Donation rank:

04 Sep 2020 22:28

Will the Tauerntunnel, Katschbergtunnel and the toll in St. Michael (maybe a exit in St. Michael for the connection to Tamsweg-Judenburg-Graz) be included too? :P

fisherjb
Developer

07 Sep 2020 20:29

Tauerntunnel, I already confirmed that one. The rest lets wait and see ;)
Promods developer of:

- Elbasan :flag_al:
- E-871 :flag_bg: :flag_mk:
- Abbotsford :flag_ca:
- A10 :flag_at:

fisherjb
Developer

12 Sep 2020 18:44

One more epic viewpoint you will come across on the A10 in :flag_at: ! Now I will keep my mouth shut for a few months :stuck_out_tongue: Image
Promods developer of:

- Elbasan :flag_al:
- E-871 :flag_bg: :flag_mk:
- Abbotsford :flag_ca:
- A10 :flag_at:

LudoDiabolo
Donation rank:

13 Sep 2020 15:19

magnificent work bravo the Promods team a real treat to see the advancements ;) .
ETS2 1.48 : Promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS
ATS 1.48 : Promods Canada

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information