[REL] RusMap 2.45 [1.45.x]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
Sergey061
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2020 10:54

Guys, why are you sticking to Murmansk in Rusmap?))) I initially said that the connector will use Murmansk from Promodes, the city created in Rusmap is there only for players who do not use Promo.
Now about the harm to other cards. The question is again raised on the agenda, why did the promodes developers make further changes to the fld packages (packages are publicly available and used by many cartographers), reducing the registration files ??? As a result, three maps were damaged - Steppe, Volga and South, your registrations destroy files in these maps and there are errors ((

Парни, да что вы же прицепились к Мурманску в Русмап?))) Я изначально говорил, что в коннекторе будет использован Мурманск от Промодс, созданный в Русмап город находится там только для игроков, не использующих Промо.
Теперь о вреде другим картам. На повестку дня снова поднимается вопрос, для чего разработчики промодс внесли очередные изменения в пакеты fld (пакеты общедоступны и используются многими картографами), уменьшив файлы прописок??? В итоге пострадали три карты - Степи, Волга и Юг, ваши прописки уничтожают файлы в этих картах и идут ошибки((
CPU: Intel i9-12900K @ 5.1GHz
GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio GeForge RTX 3080
SSD SAMSUNG 860 QVO MZ-76Q1T0BW 1Тb
RAM: CORSAIR Dominator RGB DDR5 - 4x16ГБ 5600 МГц

Vøytek
Developer

03 Sep 2020 11:26

Maybe a year ago I spent few days fixing this "issue" for other maps, specifically RoEx, because I was in contact with Arayas and he asked if this could be fixed. So I did it.
As a result, it broke some FLD prefabs in various maps, which authors have to fix manually (just few clicks for every affected prefab). I had to go through the same fixing process in our map, so everybody was "hurt" by it initially. It wasn't an "attack" to break other maps for fun. But as I said, it's a compatibility fix for all other maps and they shouldn't have issues in the future after that one change. It's an old thing, so I have no idea why you're talking about it right now...
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

olaf28

03 Sep 2020 11:30

Horizon™ wrote:
03 Sep 2020 10:30

Lastly, I continue to observe the same nicknames that are causing the issue where there is none, or they shouldn't be involved into as it is up-to two parties to come to an agreement, without unwanted, intrusive and lie-spreading third party. Please, keep your unwarranted vendetta to your places of conglomeration.
Guys..Promods is an great map add on...there is no discussion about that.
I like using Promods and my compliments for the changes in version 2.50.
I think it's a shame that it is now being said of some that (and yes, I feel addressed) they are busy creating an issue when there is none.
Sergey explains why he made a choice to make a new RC, but I just have trouble with the way some people react to this. I try to have an open and constructive attitude, but then I struggle to be that way considering the attitude of others.
Sergey has been part of the mapping community for a long time and his work is very much appreciated. Just like the work of Promods. And Sergey really did his best to find the partnership, but now he is getting it back in his face like a boomerang. Instead of answering his questions, this happens to him. Sorry if I don't understand this.
TerraMaps Administration, COO
Red Sea Map I Caribbean Map | Road to Asia Map | Corfu Map I Pacific Map
https://terramaps.net/forum/
https://www.facebook.com/TerraMapsOfficial

Proc: i7-9750H 2,6 GHz (max. 4,5 GHz)
Mem: 16GB
Grap: ASUS ROG -STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING 6 GB GDDR6

Wrona 628

03 Sep 2020 11:35

I may be perceived as a bit unkind, but I say it from the bottom of my heart.

Get your asses up. As is usually the case with any disputes, misunderstandings or other conflicts, the fault is on both sides. I will not analyze and point out what each team is doing wrong. Surely what you do well are two AWESOME maps. Period.

I have such a solution so that there will be no such stupid situations later. Just keep each other informed about what you will change in your projects. Try to work together on the connector. There may even be two versions of the connector. Does not matter. Just keep yourself informed. I know there's this language barrier, there's nothing we can do about it.

On the other hand, third parties, who only do what, will inflame this ridiculous misunderstanding, let them just shut their mouths ... (I'm talking only about hard funboys). Because it will soon come out that SCS' games have an equally toxic fanbase as Harry Potter and Star Wars ...

At the end. I'll just thank you for the great job you are doing and repeat again that ProMods and RusMap are perfect only as a set.

Have a nice day.

Mogę być odebrany jako trochę nie miły, ale mówię to z głębi serduszka.

Ogarnijcie dupy. Jak to zazwyczaj bywa z jakimiś zatargami, nieporozumieniami czy innymi konfliktami, wina jest po obu stronach. Nie będę analizował i wytykał co każdy zespół robi źle. Na pewno to co robicie dobrze, to dwie ZAJEBISTE mapy. Koniec, kropka.

Mam takie o to rozwiązanie, żeby nie było potem takich głupich sytuacji. Po prostu informujcie się wzajemnie co będziecie zmieniać w swoich projektach. Starajcie się wspólnie pracować nad konektorem. Mogą być nawet dwie wersje konektora. Nie ważne. Po prostu informujcie się. Ja wiem, że jest ta bariera językowa, no nic na to nie poradzimy.

Natomiast osoby trzecie, które jedynie co robią, to zaogniają to niedorzeczne nieporozumienie, niech po prostu zamkną ryje... (mówię tu jedynie o mocnych fanbojach). Bo zaraz wyjdzie, że gry SCS-u mają równie toksyczną fanbazę co Harry Potter i Gwiezdne Wojny...

Na koniec. Po prostu podziękuję za świetną robotę którą robicie i powtórzę znowu, że ProMods i RusMap idealne są tylko jako komplet.

Miłego dnia.
Have a nice day and tasty coffee in the morning
Życzę miłego dnia i smacznej kawusi z rana
;)

ProMods Translator
TerraMaps Translator

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Sep 2020 12:32

First of all, the problem of FLD prefabs breaking in certain map combinations is not a new problem, not an intentional one. There are several versions of FLD's prefabs used in the mapping community, and not all of these versions are compatible with each other.

The first time this became a real problem was when a map combination with ProMods and RoEx broke some prefabs on the ProMods map, because RoEx used a newer version of FLD's prefab package. We haven't updated our package for quite a long while, because we're transitioning more and more towards our own dedicated prefab set. And yet, even today, there were some conflicts regarding FLD content between RoEx and ProMods, which I had to mitigate in our own version of the RoEx connector. Some of this conflict was preventable in hindsight, and we should definitely do some more housekeeping within our mods (not only for this reason, but also to bring the pack size down and get rid of unnecessary bloat). So how did we resolve this issue? We replaced the prefabs on our map with our own with unique item names, so they wouldn't be conflicting with any other map mod out there, thus eliminating future conflicts with these prefabs as well.

Now, there may be some other prefab conflicts with other map mods and addons. However, we don't have eyes everywhere, so we are unaware of these bugs. Please, if you find these bugs, tell us about it, so we can look for the best way to fix it. We can only fix the bugs that we know about. So please, assist us in the effort making map mods run smoothly together.

There's no malicious intent. The only problems are just simple misunderstandings and miscommunication. Unfortunate nonetheless, but there's nothing sinister behind it. ;)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

ScuL
Founder

03 Sep 2020 12:50

olaf28 wrote:
03 Sep 2020 08:12
He is only talking about the attitude of Promods towards other mappers.
WHAT ATTITUDE? WHERE? We have a ProMods Academy where we are actively teaching people how to map. We have a channel on our community Discord where we help people with modding questions.
ProMods as a team has always been supportive of other modders and we support other mapping projects where we can, and if they want to be helped.
We have maintained communications with Sergey and exchanged information about the areas of RusMap and ProMods colliding and have come to an agreement how to handle it.
Nowhere in this thread do I see anybody in our team have a bad attitude towards Sergey or the RusMap team.
bengt.jensie wrote:
03 Sep 2020 08:17
Most often the king himself doesn't see it, but that is quite common!
This is a toxic and senseless insult. I am getting sick and tired of these biased and senseless accusations. There seems to have been a campaign of bashing ProMods in recent times and it's highly toxic and bad for the entire ETS2 community. The only advice I can give you is that if you don't like what we do you can find your way out and depart from this website, nobody forces you to play our mod.

Rudi's question was a civil question asked in a normal, respectful manner. And in fact I have been wondering the same.
If Sergey (or any other member) of the RusMap community had found some issues with our connector then we could have worked together jointly to resolve them. There is no point wasting time twice and reinvent the wheel. This is how the usual RusMap connectors were made in the past together with Aldimator. If problems were found, they could have been reported and repaired. In fact we have a newer version of the connector ready to go that includes the Joensu connection and solves several other issues.

First there were complaints that we ignored other mappers and should reach a hand to them.
Now we have reached a hand and are getting feedback that it's not good enough.
In the meantime the hours that we are spending on this fruitless exercise may just as well have been spent elsewhere, if that's what you prefer?
MXTrucker wrote:
03 Sep 2020 09:26
Do you think about RC in Georgia to set with Turkey map, RC to SR9...?
Sadly we don't have the capacity to build 99 different connectors to supply the world with. I think those in the community who want to play very complex map combos have to take some ownership of also assisting in providing those connections. Road connections to SR9 won't be done by us because Abkhazia is a disputed territory and we don't build those.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

bengt.jensie

03 Sep 2020 13:30

@Scul

Where's the insult? I made in my comment a common and general behavior with certain people.
My view is, that the vast majority of the Promods team are very nice people and are doing some
tremendously good job with the map. Then we have some ........! You can end that sentence the
way you like to have it, it won't change reality!

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2020 13:32

it's interesting to see what kind of reactions there are to a friendly question without any ulterior motives.
and many thanks to Sergey for the answer. :)
No Support via PM!

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2020 15:59

So to get this back to topic and stop the unfruitful discussions about miscommunication:

What are the actual differences between the RC if apparently there are virtually none? I celebrate the commitment of both parties to provide connectors and yet I feel overwhelmed by which one to use (even more while they are still getting upgraded atm)
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

MXTrucker
Donation rank:

03 Sep 2020 16:13

ScuL wrote:
03 Sep 2020 12:50
MXTrucker wrote:
03 Sep 2020 09:26
Do you think about RC in Georgia to set with Turkey map, RC to SR9...?
Sadly we don't have the capacity to build 99 different connectors to supply the world with. I think those in the community who want to play very complex map combos have to take some ownership of also assisting in providing those connections. Road connections to SR9 won't be done by us because Abkhazia is a disputed territory and we don't build those.
Hmm...long explanation : to resume,
# 1 RC for Rusmap (this one is OK)
# 1 RC for Turkey RC : 2 roads to connect (^^) North and South !
Could have been good exercise in Mapping-Academy
Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/MXTrucker/videos
En français et/ou anglais
In English and/or French
Pùo aiutare in Italiano

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information