Am I blind or is some content removed?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Peterson

04 Sep 2020 14:55

It's been a long time. Damn.

Anywho, I've downloaded the newest release and, well, it's great. Jolly good job there, aside from a few bugs, which we'll get into later, and maybe I'll have to download the mod again.

Let's just cut down to the chase - I have this lingering feeling that some cities were either reverted back to stock SCS content, or downright removed. Namely Czestochowa in Poland is missing entirely, along with some other areas I can't remember right now. I'm sure I'll get reminded later on when I turn the game on again, I'll be able to make a proper report soon. Oh, now I remember - Hamburg! It's gone! I don't know what happened to it, but it disappeared and the only thing that remains is the massive tunnel on the Danish connection and the default city. Very strange indeed.

Another thing I have noticed is clipping signage near Perpignan in France, the sign is clipping with its pylon, fighting over who gets to show itself in my face. Lights over those signs are much dimmer as well, and the road texture changes at least 5 times in this area. This is yet another thing that makes me think that I have a build that's not entirely up to scratch, because I'm sure that beta testers would find this out and report it.

Also, the dreaded speed limits are bugged almost everywhere, especially in Austria and Sweden. It seems as the game can't retain the limit that was posted by the sign and defaults to the default limit, or in case of the Brenner highway, the limit is stuck to 60 kph despite the IG-L limit applying. It sort-of does its own thing and sometimes it registers, sometimes it does not. Some signs in Germany don't work as well, and Sweden's E4 north of Uppsala has those 2+1 lane roads with 110kph limits, which are signposted, reset to 70 abruptly, I get done for speeding (my fault and carelessness), and then it reverts back to 110. Fortunately I never had the pleasure of having AI just in front to do them a proper rear-end makeover.

Lastly, just a tip - I've noticed while driving south from Dubrovnik that you apply a limit of 60 before a corner. That's good, I have no issues with that, but this limit is applied right before a sign that "terminates" a village, and is therefore reset to 80. This happens in nearly every settlement, with Montenegro being the worst offender. It's not a game breaking bug, but it sure does break consistency and immersion.

Other than that, I've been enjoying this mod quite a lot. Poland is much more fluid and it's not a pain to drive thru as it used to be, Iceland feels even better than before, UK is also a joy as I don't have to avoid it anymore, France is still a nightmare to drive thru (just like real life!), and overall I am very satisfied with the update.

I'm just puzzled with the content seemingly lacking.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Shiva

04 Sep 2020 16:11

Czestochowa ? Maybe Poland Rebuilding?

Yeah, Hamburg uses the redone SCS Hamburg. And I think it is quite nice.

Drive a semi truck at 110km/h and you will get speeding tickets!
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Vøytek
Developer

04 Sep 2020 16:20

I don't think Częstochowa ever appeared in any (good) ETS2 map, so maybe that was another city. Take a look in game and let us know what you're actually missing. We usually don't remove any content.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

sharpless

04 Sep 2020 18:14

Shiva wrote:
04 Sep 2020 16:11
Drive a semi truck at 110km/h and you will get speeding tickets!
But dropping from 110 (on the signs), ie 80 with trucks, to 70, causes you to drive 10 km/h too fast, and thus risk getting a ticket.
I haven't driven the roads north of Stockholm since 2.50, but there were quite a few places in 2.46 that had the wrong speed limit on E4.

Peterson

04 Sep 2020 19:29

Vøytek wrote:
04 Sep 2020 16:20
I don't think Częstochowa ever appeared in any (good) ETS2 map, so maybe that was another city. Take a look in game and let us know what you're actually missing. We usually don't remove any content.
Sure thing, maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me. I'm already an old man, I just turned 22! And my back hurts.

I'll be on the lookout for more things either way.

Oh, and for others - I drive at car speeds + 5-10 because, well, I am not very patient and I like to do deliveries quickly. I even "made" myself an 8-speed gearbox out of the good old Allison to do 140 at 1500 rpm and trundle along. While it's not incredibly relaxing, it makes for a more realistic experience as real truck drivers are in a hurry. Always.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Shiva

06 Sep 2020 03:14

Poland rebuilding might have had that city.
Atleast seemed so, when I googled the city name.

And the 110, 80, 70 etc? not driven on that road for ages, so can't tell.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information