Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MG Mike
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2020 11:13

Shiva,

That is odd indeed. Do you know the Promods Hamburg untill 2.33?

You could drive over the Köhlbrandt bridge, you had a city part with living houses. The exit Othmarschen was driveable with the Player Garage in the north of the city, the companies were located to the port area south and east. Hamburg had 4 exits. 3 at BAB 7 one at BAB 1 and also the BAB 252 which was leading as a "city-expressway" (in German language Stadtautobahn) which was leading directly in the city.

Hamburg was great as currently Promods Berlin or Nürnberg or Munich.

The new Maschener Kreuz is great no question and the surrounding area is the city Seevetal which had maybe also been driveable. It is good made.

But all in all the city Hamburg itself is the old vanilla city.
It is like as the team would delete Berlin complete bacause the scs build Berliner Ring is better and let also the vanilla City return..

I wished the promods team would have done with Hamburg same as Scan720 did with Munich, then it would be perfect.

Best regards
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Hungiboy

06 Sep 2020 12:23

Krieger84056 wrote:
06 Sep 2020 10:10
when do you think SCS will finish germany?
Maybe 1.39
I like ProMods. Especially ProMods Germany :D.
ProMods user since v2.43

JurianPaulussen
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2020 14:20

To be honest, I do not think Germany will ever be finished with the Rebuild as Mandelsoft was the one who did the reworks if I'm right.
Since he is not working anymore for SCS, the development of the german reworks did not go any further.

So let's wait and see what will happen. ;)
Working at Röhlig Aircargo at Amsterdam Airport

Speaking Dutch, Afrikaans, German, English and Spanish

chrissav2002
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2020 18:17

If they want to maintain ETS2 on the long run they have to update the base map, because a new player that don't buy the DLC with the base game will only see the 2010ish parts of the map and could immediately stop playing because of it.

But SCS is in the process of making what will probably be the biggest DLC they've ever done (Iberia, which mean at least Spain + Portugal + connecting roads from France) and if they want to release it on time (until the end of 2020) they probably needed all the map developers available, so Germany (and other parts of the base map) rework is probably on hold until Iberia in done, as I don't think the next DLC will be as huge as Iberia...

But you're right in one point : Let's wait and see what happens.

Shiva

06 Sep 2020 22:49

MG Mike, the parts south of Norderelbe were quite nice.
But I do not miss the roads in central Hamburg. Nor the old garage.
The current Köhlbrandbrücke seems to get demolished in the future, either replaced by a new bridge, or a tunnel.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Krieger84056

07 Sep 2020 14:03

JurianPaulussen wrote:
06 Sep 2020 14:20
To be honest, I do not think Germany will ever be finished with the Rebuild as Mandelsoft was the one who did the reworks if I'm right.
Since he is not working anymore for SCS, the development of the german reworks did not go any further.

So let's wait and see what will happen. ;)
Or SCS Just simply recruit some people from promods to do the job (i still think the promods German rebuilt is way better than from SCS...)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

07 Sep 2020 20:35

^^ Been there, done that. There has already been some heavy influence from ProMods into SCS' rebuilt Germany; I'm personally responsible for half of the currently rebuilt area.
Also, "simply" recruiting people from ProMods isn't as simple as it may seem. There are several problems with that, as devs are:
  • Following a study they want to complete, or have a full-time employment elsewhere that pays well enough.
  • Not willing or able to move to Prague, especially those who live outside Europe. This change may be more drastic than you'd think.
  • Simply underage, and therefore can't legally work for SCS.
So, it's not that simple...

With that being said, that doesn't mean that SCS still may pick it up and finish the project they started.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2020 07:28

@ Mandelsoft

So they possibly won't take the rebuild project to an end?
Or let it be as it is now?

That would not be a good thing. Although there are players all over the world who don't care about germany or central Europe, but I think on the other hand there are enough others who wants to have the old remains of the Vanillamap refreshed.

South West Germany, Austria, Swiss, and the whole going east DLC would need a refreshment from SCS.

It would be great If SCS could say something about officially if they stopped the rebuild project or when it is to expect to go on..
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

swisstimers

15 Sep 2020 15:22

Basel Wiese is wrong, correct on the signs its Basel Messe

JohnBart
Donation rank:

16 Sep 2020 10:12

^I'm not sure I understand you correctly mate, but if you mean that road signs showing Basel Wiese should be corrected to Basel Messe, then report your findings in the Bug Report forum section, as described here (including your game.log, coordinates, and so on).
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information