Development on version 1.x (British Columbia Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Shiva

22 Sep 2020 21:16

Roundabout?
Salmon Monument, Abbotsford, BC, Canada? Looking south?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

LudoDiabolo
Donation rank:

23 Sep 2020 13:08

beautiful pictures it really makes you want to ;)
ETS2 1.48 : Promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS
ATS 1.48 : Promods Canada

Googlefluff
Donation rank:

24 Sep 2020 02:23

I'm continually impressed! I don't think I've ever looked forward to a mod so much before and you're doing excellent work.

One little thing I'd like to point out from the roundabout pic is that Canada (BC at least) doesn't use those little triangular yield markings that some other places do, we just have the dashed line, like so:

We also have these special roundabout arrows leading up to them (but not inside), which I'm sure you're aware of already anyway haha

I know I've pointed little things out before so hopefully I don't seem like I'm nitpicking :P
I understand there's a lot of working with prefabs and that not everything can be picture-perfect.

Speaking of past nitpicks though, I see left-side traffic lights at some of those intersections! I highly doubt it was my input that prompted this improvement but it's very nice to see in any case :P

flight8050

24 Sep 2020 06:41

With each day that passes, it brings us closer and closer to v1.0. Closing out this year is going to be a ton of fun. With SCS now giving us lowboys for trailer ownership, all my wishes are coming true for ATS. The holidays this year will be some fun times.

NickInCanada

29 Sep 2020 20:19

Googlefluff wrote:
I'm continually impressed! I don't think I've ever looked forward to a mod so much before and you're doing excellent work.

One little thing I'd like to point out from the roundabout pic is that Canada (BC at least) doesn't use those little triangular yield markings that some other places do, we just have the dashed line, like so
Googlefluff wrote:
We also have these special roundabout arrows leading up to them (but not inside), which I'm sure you're aware of already anyway haha
Can confirm that roundabouts are marked by the same standard in Alberta (at least the ones here in Calgary). I tried to do some google maps some other places in Canada but I couldn't find many multi lane roundabouts anywhere I looked east of that other than one on Ottawa where they are marked the same but with the triangular yield markings on the pavement.

These things are fine because a road marking can always be fixed post release. They did a good job with the differences in places such as Finland and Norway so I don't see why they won't eventually get these close to perfect even though they are already pretty close.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

30 Sep 2020 21:24

Googlefluff wrote:
Speaking of past nitpicks though, I see left-side traffic lights at some of those intersections! I highly doubt it was my input that prompted this improvement but it's very nice to see in any case :P
Your comment gave us a reminder indeed!
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Googlefluff
Donation rank:

30 Sep 2020 21:59

Then I'm happy I could help!
Last edited by bmwGTR on 01 Oct 2020 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

bricksathome
Developer

03 Oct 2020 13:58

When this post is an hour old we'll be premiering the first gameplay video of ProMods Canada! Join us as we drive from Kamloops to Salmon Arm

The Best Way To see What I've been Doing Recently Is To Click Here!
http://www.youtube.com/c/bricksathome1

Currently working in mid Wales in ETS2
and the area around Kelowna and Vernon in ATS

Googlefluff
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2020 17:44

Fantastic work! Always keeping SCS on their toes haha

lonestranger
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2020 19:07

Kamloopsian here, and I really enjoyed seeing my hometown! I not only recognized general areas, but individual buildings and even individual signs. Once or twice a month, I drive the route from @2:22 to about @7:00-ish. If someone plopped me in the game where this video began, and told me to drive to Salmon Arm without any map or nav, I'd have followed that exact route.

My only criticism is that Mount Paul & Mount Peter @0:00 and @15:07 aren't recognizable. Well that, and the advisor speed limits are incorrect but I imagine that still needs work anyway.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ATS”

• Information