British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
keremguvercin

25 Sep 2020 07:40

What do you think about Malta? Will you add this country? I didn’t find a topic about Mediterranean. Malta has a British past, so I think that’s the right topic for this question ;)

remanoN

27 Sep 2020 08:00

Is there any plans for making Shetland Islands?

Cooldude4378

27 Sep 2020 17:33

Ok so I want to talk about Scotland (surprise surprise😂). I'd like to throw a few ideas the devs way and see if they could answer which ones are on the to do list, which ones they'll consider whether its possible and which ones just aren't possible. Don't worry, I'm not looking for confirmations or timescales, (I know "its ready when its ready") and some of these I may have mentioned before but its been a while. I've listed them in order of what I think is most likely to least likely but please correct me if I've missed a reason why its not possible.

1. New Queensferry crossing - going across the old forth road bridge feels a bit out of date now. all motorway traffic has been re routed to the new bridge irl and the old forth road bridge now has a 30mph speed limit on it.

2. Shetland Islands (credit to @remanoN) - Surprised they weren't added already considering the Orkneys are there. Was this a space issue or were they wanting to add a ferry terminal to Aberdeen first?

3. M77/A77 Glasgow to Cairnryan - Not exactly realistic going all the way to Dumfries to get to and from. The coast road is beautiful. Also, Ayr is on route and is home to Glasgow Prestwick Airport which is Scotland's 3rd busiest airport behind Glasgow and Edinburgh and a lot of freight comes in here too (I know that UPS brings most their deliveries from EU to this airport). only issues I see arising from this would be space and Glasgow might need another rebuild, its city centre looks great now after its retexturing (Great work btw) but the motorway network is massively out of date (see M8/M77/M74 interchange on google maps and you'll realise what I mean https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.85017 ... 8192?hl=en)

4. A83/Campbeltown - Probably Scotland's 2nd most beautiful road (imo) behind Glencoe. Just look up rest and be thankful (and the almost constant landslides closing the damn thing😂) Again space may be a concern to fit this, and for realism sake, may have to add the Ardrossan to Cambeltown ferry, although if Ayr was added (see above) adding Ardrossan, even if it was just a ferry terminal, shouldn't be too difficult.

5. North West NC500 - whilst I've never driven it myself irl, I'm reassured this is the most beautiful drive in all Scotland, probably not realistic to be trucking this way, but then again we have Svalbard in Promods so could probably take a few creative liberties.

6. Uist - so this one is a bit more out there. Main reason I thought about this was purely because I was looking for an excuse to drive past Luskentyre beach. However if we need a town destination, maybe Balivanich serves as the hub for the island (Benbucula airport is next door) so could get a ferry to the island from the Isle of Harris at Leverburgh, and possibly add the Oban to Lochboisdale ferry. Thoughts?

7. Dundee - Very Difficult addition. 2 places that are recognised as cities are still not on the map. this is one of them. I accept space in this area is tight but I think with the right dev, its possible. Still not sure to this day why Perth was added before this (Not a Criticism, I love Perth and what the devs did with this, it just wouldn't have been as high on my priority list)

8. Stirling - Probably the biggest addition Scotland would need but also, I accept, the most unrealistic. Its the other city in Scotland that is still not on the map, but space would render this one near impossible I think, but if the devs think differently, let me know.

sorry its a bit long winded but I thought input and ideas might be appreciated, and as always keep up the great work 😊

JohnBart
Donation rank:

28 Sep 2020 09:29

CE11LEE wrote:
25 Sep 2020 02:05
I have made a slideshow of the current M4 from Junction 49 to Junction 1 and back.
I plan on doing one each time Pro Mods updates it so can look back and see what improvements have been made.
Hope you like it anyway.
Nice video! ;)
keremguvercin wrote:
25 Sep 2020 07:40
What do you think about Malta? Will you add this country? I didn’t find a topic about Mediterranean. Malta has a British past, so I think that’s the right topic for this question ;)
This is rather off-topic here (I think that Malta would rather receive its own topic on the forum, like Cyprus). In any way, there were some developers in the past who were interested in doing Malta, but there are currently no plans for mapping it. We'll see if the Iberia DLC assets would be useful for developing Malta as well... :)
remanoN wrote:
27 Sep 2020 08:00
Is there any plans for making Shetland Islands?
Not currently, as far as I know.
Cooldude4378 wrote:
Ok so I want to talk about Scotland (surprise surprise😂). I'd like to throw a few ideas the devs way and see if they could answer which ones are on the to do list, which ones they'll consider whether its possible and which ones just aren't possible. Don't worry, I'm not looking for confirmations or timescales, (I know "its ready when its ready") and some of these I may have mentioned before but its been a while. I've listed them in order of what I think is most likely to least likely but please correct me if I've missed a reason why its not possible.
Well, I defer these questions to the dedicated UK developers. ;)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

truckerrick2018
Donation rank:

01 Oct 2020 18:39

few ideas for next update

Catthorpe Interchange join m6/a14/m1

m5/m4 junction

A66

dennis_2310

01 Oct 2020 22:11

G'day everyone. Ihave a question concerning the Euro Tunnel and ferry port from England to France. As it already was before the Brexit, there were customs and border checkpoints before entering the tunnel or the ferry. Is it possible, especially at the Eurotunnel to add those features on the british side. I don't how the situation will be in Calais since SCS presented the reworked ferry port in Calais, maybe they already added some border checkpoints, maybe not...

DH-Trans Luxembourg s.à.r.l - delievering goods everywhere in Europe
Headquarters: Luxembourg (L), Kaliningrad (RUS)

I speak: 🇩🇪 🇱🇺 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇷🇺

StephenHunterUK

01 Oct 2020 22:19

You go through both sets of checks before boarding. They're already present at the Folkestone terminal, just not implemented in game.

ScuL
Founder

02 Oct 2020 01:22

Good point we should add border posts there
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Emyr27
Donation rank:

02 Oct 2020 07:52

Cooldude4378 wrote:

1. New Queensferry crossing - going across the old forth road bridge feels a bit out of date now. all motorway traffic has been re routed to the new bridge irl and the old forth road bridge now has a 30mph speed limit on it.

2. Shetland Islands (credit to @remanoN) - Surprised they weren't added already considering the Orkneys are there. Was this a space issue or were they wanting to add a ferry terminal to Aberdeen first?

3. M77/A77 Glasgow to Cairnryan - Not exactly realistic going all the way to Dumfries to get to and from. The coast road is beautiful. Also, Ayr is on route and is home to Glasgow Prestwick Airport which is Scotland's 3rd busiest airport behind Glasgow and Edinburgh and a lot of freight comes in here too (I know that UPS brings most their deliveries from EU to this airport). only issues I see arising from this would be space and Glasgow might need another rebuild, its city centre looks great now after its retexturing (Great work btw) but the motorway network is massively out of date (see M8/M77/M74 interchange on google maps and you'll realise what I mean https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.85017 ... 8192?hl=en)

4. A83/Campbeltown - Probably Scotland's 2nd most beautiful road (imo) behind Glencoe. Just look up rest and be thankful (and the almost constant landslides closing the damn thing😂) Again space may be a concern to fit this, and for realism sake, may have to add the Ardrossan to Cambeltown ferry, although if Ayr was added (see above) adding Ardrossan, even if it was just a ferry terminal, shouldn't be too difficult.

5. North West NC500 - whilst I've never driven it myself irl, I'm reassured this is the most beautiful drive in all Scotland, probably not realistic to be trucking this way, but then again we have Svalbard in Promods so could probably take a few creative liberties.

6. Uist - so this one is a bit more out there. Main reason I thought about this was purely because I was looking for an excuse to drive past Luskentyre beach. However if we need a town destination, maybe Balivanich serves as the hub for the island (Benbucula airport is next door) so could get a ferry to the island from the Isle of Harris at Leverburgh, and possibly add the Oban to Lochboisdale ferry. Thoughts?

7. Dundee - Very Difficult addition. 2 places that are recognised as cities are still not on the map. this is one of them. I accept space in this area is tight but I think with the right dev, its possible. Still not sure to this day why Perth was added before this (Not a Criticism, I love Perth and what the devs did with this, it just wouldn't have been as high on my priority list)

8. Stirling - Probably the biggest addition Scotland would need but also, I accept, the most unrealistic. Its the other city in Scotland that is still not on the map, but space would render this one near impossible I think, but if the devs think differently, let me know.

sorry its a bit long winded but I thought input and ideas might be appreciated, and as always keep up the great work 😊

Driving a lot in Scotland (in ets2 and IRL, especially in the North) I'm fully with you on some of your points :

1. Mmmm isn't the new Queensferry crossing already implemented in Promods ? I think it is.
2. Would be great but other places in the UK certainly deserve some priority I think
3. Agree !! Prestwick could be part of a Glasgow rebuild I think :idea:
4. Agree ! :idea: :idea:
5. Agree although, driving quite often in the North IRL, I don't think the NC500 is - or should be - suitable for HGV entirely. I think correcting a few things on the already existing mapped roads would already be good (Berriedale, A9/A882 junction).
6. No opinion
7 and 8 : I think there are enough cities in Scotland right now to enjoy the game, I am more looking forward for a rebuild of Glasgow and Edinburgh personally.

Anyway, very pleased to have a Promods-built Scotland, I'm probably spending half of my time there ingame :D

Cooldude4378

04 Oct 2020 00:14

Emyr27 wrote:
1. Mmmm isn't the new Queensferry crossing already implemented in Promods ? I think it is.
Yes Ive just looked and its there. must have missed an update, but it looks fantastic :D

Added in 6 minutes 29 seconds:
Emyr27 wrote:
just seen the post on facebook as well, That looks incredible. https://www.facebook.com/ProModsETS2/po ... 3837837645

somebody must have been sniggering as I posted that :lol:
Last edited by bmwGTR on 04 Oct 2020 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information