Freeze with owned trailer only with promods

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Gamerbob934
Donation rank:

12 Oct 2020 17:58

Also having the same problem with freezing, stuttering and lag. It also happens when I'm not using an owned trailer. Sometimes when I move the exterior camera around the game lags, fps drops by 60 (sometimes 80) when in cities and some roads. I did have this issue when I first got ProMods but managed to fix it, now it has reappeared. I remember before using ProMods I tried a traffic density mod and these fps drops would happen but without the mod the game would run smoothly. So does ProMods use some kind of traffic density different from the vanilla game?

AegisFalcon

12 Oct 2020 18:06

@cipinho i've tested and the game consumes more ram so i have little more performance but with traffic density mod i still have FPS drops,

And for the owned trailer problem it's still there

Cipus
Donation rank:

12 Oct 2020 22:38

it depends which traffic mod and also which graphic settings: I have these settings: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 0#p1418291
I know there is an Nvidia inspector settings but the same can be achieved in the Nvidia control panel
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

AegisFalcon

13 Oct 2020 15:21

@cipinho I use this nvidia settings to get better anti aliasing and about perfomance it's quite similar than 400% scaling

https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1000

For settings in game i put mirror quality and resolution to medium and distance to low. reflection quality to low. SSAO and SMAA disabled.

Cipus
Donation rank:

13 Oct 2020 16:56

so let me see if I understand it clearly, do you have issues with or without those Nvidia hacks ??? I am at work now, later I will drive in my ProMods profile with an owned double HTC flatbed and Renault T plus RusMap and another 100+ mods inclusively high traffic ;) everything is settled and I am good to go, I will record my trip
in fact yesterday I finalized my on-going cargo delivery to Valencia and I also passed trough Barcelona just to see how my new PC handles Barcelona and everything went extremely well everywhere ! I very much doubt that I will have any issues with an owned trailer, but let's see!
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

AegisFalcon

13 Oct 2020 20:06

@cipinho i have issues without and with Nvidia Hacks

citelis730
Donation rank:

13 Oct 2020 20:47

I had that annoying problem in 1.37 even with vanilla profile but with version 1.38 owned trailers work with no problems no matter how heavy the profile is.

You could also try to update drivers or even do a pc format but i have no idea if they will help to be honest.

Cipus
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2020 09:13

I tested for more than one hour and recorded a video to show that there are absolutely no issues with the combination owned trailers + ProMods

I enabled the minicon at minute 31:20 so you can see my numbers and yet my game has absolutely no FPS drop and no freezes in more than one hour of playing at high graphic settings with no Nvidia hacks and impressive traffic. I always play with capped 40 FPS because my GPU is not that hi-end as my CPU and therefore it can get very hot at 60 FPS with my game settings
AegisFalcon wrote:
12 Oct 2020 18:06
i've tested and the game consumes more ram so i have little more performance but with traffic density mod i still have FPS drops
this is the key, allowing the game to use more RAM ! if you check my RAM while playing you will see even 22 Gb used from which at least 13 Gb are used by ETS2 and mods. if the game is not allowed to use more RAM the game will store what it needs in the virtual memory from which the transfer to CPU is much slower and the result is a terrible stuttering
as for the guy from your posted video has not the same issues like you, that is most likely because of the traffic mod used :lol:

AegisFalcon

14 Oct 2020 10:20

@cipinho what's your PC rig ? You play at 40FPS but if you unlock it to cap 60fps you probably have some FPS drops. In my side i don't have fps drops on highway but especially in city with lot of traffic. I have drops 60 to 50 fps

Cipus
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2020 12:21

CPU: I5 9600 k 3.7 Ghz
GPU: GTX 1060 6 Gb
RAM: 32 Gb

I run my SCS games at 40 FPS ever since I started playing with Nvidia inspector a few years ago and had an older PC with an I7 4770. when Dx11 arrived I gave up to Nvidia Inspector which was anyway getting very demanding for my old rig. to my surprise comparing with how bad the game looked without Nvidia inspector MSAA + SGSS in Dx9, the Dx11 came with an impressive graphics improvements which you can see in all my videos.

actually I tried 60 FPS in my actual configuration and I did not like it because of my traffic it did not run perfectly as with capped 40 FPS. my GPU was constantly at 100% workload and getting quite hot 78°C and yes, with some FPS drops below 60 in large cities / rain / crowded motorways. nevertheless, 60 FPS or 40 FPS, the game runs well with ProMods and owned trailers therefore your issue is somewhere else.

and to be clear in one matter, when I say traffic it does not mean only my traffic density mod which alone do not generate almost any negative impact in gameplay for any average PC configuration, but my traffic has:
- most of the Jazzycat and traffic maniac Ai packs, inclusively some ATS cars
- a lot of extra trailers in traffic from jazzycat overweight pack (at least 100 more added by me) and Chris45 pack (at least 300 more trailers added by me including doubles)
- bdf trailers from packs like NTM by Kast and others
- modded trucks in traffic only based on def files only and no lods
- individual sounds for every single Ai in traffic

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information