Development on version 1.x (British Columbia Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
LudoDiabolo
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2020 15:55

Nico wrote:
14 Oct 2020 14:34
LudoModding wrote:
14 Oct 2020 07:44
wonderful development, once Promod canada is released I think I'll give up completely the other ATS cards, except for some good addons that have been found elsewhere .

continue your excellent work .
To be honest, we will only be a mod for Canada, so any other mod that doesnt conflict that area can just be used with ProMods ;)
Yes I know that, but to be honest also, I can't see the current cards being at Promods' level...

I prefer to privilege the small addons of quality (like Sierra Neveda, ect ect ect to quote only that one) that of the large cards very often not achieved or not to work ;)
ETS2 1.48 : Promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS
ATS 1.48 : Promods Canada

WANDERER
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2020 01:23

Wow, Being a local..This is going to be good, the work looks amazing.
Doing what I can to make it right......

flight8050

15 Oct 2020 19:16

ajungrei93 wrote:
13 Oct 2020 19:56
Hello all,

just to confirm that I am not dead :D

I won't tell where this is (yet) ;)
Awww man. What a tease, lol. Those pics are gorgeous. Is this a totally different area than what was revealed on April 20th when your addition was getting added? Can you give that info? If you started another area under the radar, I'm licking my lips right about now. Your work is killer. The entire Canada project by all you guys involved is going to be epic. You guys raise the bar, SCS raise the bar, you guys raise the bar, SCS raise the bar. One thing for sure is that the increased quality will ensure a well supported game content coming from the devs.

I am very anxious to see how much ProMods Canada elevates ATS.

One question I have for you guys and hopefully you guys can answer it. It was said that you guys lost your 3d asset modeler some time ago which is why you guys had to use content from the US. Smarty has stepped in for that role and that is huge for the project. My question is, now with Smarty on the team, does that mean Canada can get custom depots and cargo? Kinda like the ETS2 ProMods additional content pack.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2020 19:41

hmm unsure who you mean, but generally we have trouble finding 3d asset modeler people. Smarty has stepped in indeed and created a whack ton of custom assets. Without him the mod would have alot less unique and accurate items. Regarding custom depots and cago's, we will include the usual custom depots we have in ETS2 as well. Cargo's Im not sure to what extent you want it custom :P
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

aneal

18 Oct 2020 08:19

as a fellow Canadian I'm excited to see this! hopefully you guys will get to Toronto soon

peterdj45

19 Oct 2020 08:13

As a British Columbian, I must say I am simply stunned! You guys perfectly recreated Duffy Lake Road! I am so excited to see the rest of the Sea to Sky highway done by Promods :^)

ajungrei93
Developer

19 Oct 2020 20:19

Ok, peterdj45 found the correct answer ;)

flight8050

19 Oct 2020 22:27

@Nico. Thanks for answering. In regards to custom depots and cargo, I was basically just asking are there different depots and cargo outside of what ATS already provides. Importing from ETS2 is awesome. That brings more variety to ATS. The saying is, don't reinvent the wheel. If its already done, no point in recreating it. I could tell from the last video that there where some new things. I didn't know if they were custom models or not. But sounds like existing assets from ETS2. Either way, no complaints from me. I'll enjoy it no matter what.

But yeah, I didn't know if you guys were making new cargo to go along with new custom depots. But if any cargoes where made from ETS2 depots, what ever depots you guys bring over, I'm sure cargo would go with it.

peterdj45

20 Oct 2020 10:51

ajungrei93 wrote:
19 Oct 2020 20:19
Ok, peterdj45 found the correct answer ;)
Haha, I instantly recognized Duffy Lake when I saw it :D Been camping around that area many times, lol. If you have any questions about the area (or pretty much the entire BC-99 corridor) feel free to ask, I'll be happy to help!

bricksathome
Developer

23 Oct 2020 17:24

If you watched out recent gameplay video, you might have noticed the trains looking a bit funky. We've now got the right trains for Canada in the game

The Best Way To see What I've been Doing Recently Is To Click Here!
http://www.youtube.com/c/bricksathome1

Currently working in mid Wales in ETS2
and the area around Kelowna and Vernon in ATS

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ATS”

• Information