Development on version 1.x (British Columbia Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
lonestranger
Donation rank:

23 Oct 2020 17:42

Sicamous narrows :)

CP 8955 by Richard Hart, on Flickr

Even the brand of lumber on the truck is from just up the road: https://www.canoefp.com/about-us/our-history/

RegionalCarp848
Donation rank:

23 Oct 2020 18:14

Looks so good. So exited!

Gabriel T
Donation rank:

24 Oct 2020 04:36

Wow, did Promods people actually bought or received a Canadian Pacific license to be able to put the livery in the game?? If yes, I am very happy that you have been able to achieve this!!!

Googlefluff
Donation rank:

24 Oct 2020 05:14

I highly doubt it. Mods use real brands all the time and getting them all licensed would be impractical and cost prohibitive for nearly every modder out there. As long as they're free most brands won't care.

bricksathome
Developer

24 Oct 2020 11:14

Yeah, modding is a bit of a grey area when it comes to licencing
The Best Way To see What I've been Doing Recently Is To Click Here!
http://www.youtube.com/c/bricksathome1

Currently working in mid Wales in ETS2
and the area around Kelowna and Vernon in ATS

NickInCanada

24 Oct 2020 23:03

I can see the hype building which is so exciting! I think we are in the homestretch now! I can't wait for the first time I cross that border!

bricksathome
Developer

28 Oct 2020 22:54

In 20 minutes from this post the next ProMods Canada gameplay video will be premiering, check it out:

The Best Way To see What I've been Doing Recently Is To Click Here!
http://www.youtube.com/c/bricksathome1

Currently working in mid Wales in ETS2
and the area around Kelowna and Vernon in ATS

Googlefluff
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2020 00:48

Amazing! I recognised every part of it. Even sign and little detail is spot-on, fantastic work!

WANDERER
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2020 02:56

Great Preview, Driven all those areas, Knew where I was in the map. This is going to be good...Way to go!!!
Doing what I can to make it right......

oldmanclippy
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2020 18:38

I went through this whole thread this morning and I'm shocked at how many times people had to ask when this was coming out (wasn't the first few "when it's ready" enough for people? :lol:)

I post on the SCS forums but I didn't realize how far along this project was until now. It's looking absolutely amazing and I am really excited to drive through BC. I don't use ProMods for ETS2 since I'm more of an ATS fan and I was a bit put off by compatibility issues, but the team seems to have made really smart decisions when developing ProMods ATS. Going for Canada is brilliant since it reduces the number of problems that will arise when SCS makes updates to the base map, so the team can focus on making new content instead of scrambling to fix what was broken by SCS updates. I don't use map mods, but I will definitely be changing that once ProMods comes out. Keep up the great work, it looks on par with or better than SCS quality!

EDIT: After reading this, I realized it was a bit silly to not at least try ProMods for ETS2, so I applied it to a new clean profile and so far haven't had any issues. I did St. Petersburg to Oulu and the quality is fantastic, you can hardly tell the difference between North/South of Kouvola in terms of quality, you could have told me SCS made it and I wouldn't bat an eyelash. I don't think you truly comprehend the scale of all the additions until you get to look at the map in-game yourself. I'm looking forward to many more hours exploring the ProMods additions in ETS2 while I wait for British Columbia.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ATS”

• Information