Crash on start - both offline and online

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
sociopatico

31 Oct 2020 13:08

Hi friends,

First of all, I apologize for this topic but even though I read your guides and self help I was unable to solve the problem. The game keeps crashing as soon I try to load ProMods.

- playing TruckersMP without promods -> OK
- loading an existing profile -> crash
- loading a brand new profile -> crash

I checked everything, mods order is ok, I created the DEF file again and again... even reinstalled ETS2 and TruckersMP. Problem still persists. Could you please help me?

This is the log, I have just deleted some "item is not referencing the node" rows because the log was too long even for Pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/vNNS7UGJ

Thank you in advance for your help

Alessandro

fropmeister

31 Oct 2020 13:37

Your paste is private and cannot be seen by anyone but you.

sociopatico

31 Oct 2020 13:54

shared, sorry
Last edited by bmwGTR on 31 Oct 2020 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

fropmeister

31 Oct 2020 15:26

There's no def file in that logfile, though.

Josh0

31 Oct 2020 15:45

@sociopatico, the game log you've posted doesn't show a game crash, it shows that the game is building the navigation cache. This operation can take some time the first time you load the game profile so just be patient. The game will load faster the next time. I don't know if this is a problem but this warning suggests you have a broken game profile:

Code: Select all

<WARNING> Could not load profile config for the cvar group: 1. Loading defaults...
I would like to see a game.log from you trying to load ProMods in single player (single player can be easier to debug), preferably a new profile.

Edit: I just noticed that your game does not appear to be loading the Road to the Black Sea DLC properly. That is what is causing the "Unable to find" errors. Try deactivating then reactivating the DLC in your Steam client.
fropmeister wrote:
31 Oct 2020 15:26
There's no def file in that logfile, though.
When using TruckersMP the ProMods Definition file is provided by the server in the form of "data_mp.mp", so his game is indeed loading the ProMods definition file.

sociopatico

31 Oct 2020 16:42

disabled and reactivated the dlc "Road to the Black Sea" and... IT WORKED!

Thank you Josh! You saved my weekend!
Last edited by bmwGTR on 31 Oct 2020 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information