Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ScuL
Founder

25 Nov 2020 13:08

I think the key is to get HH-Othmarschen back, but it's not as easy as it seems. Basically the way SCS have changed the harbour/bridge area makes it very difficult to make the Kohlbrandbrücke accessible
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MG Mike
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2020 13:48

That is right scul, but also you (as Promods) have an advantage. The mapper who made Hamburg has moved the city itself eastwards in order to fit with the A24 exit from A1 and also to fit with the exit with the Ikea.

So there is more space between the city and the Harbour area now. And I think if the city return like the old was before the vanilla City we have now should be a little smaller or only the Ikea as before...

But another issue would be that the Elbtunnel is very bigger build than in the old Promods version. If you take it precisely the tunnel is too far westwards..
A rebuild will be a tricky thing..i don't know when it will come or who of you would get in it but anyway good look for him!
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Shiva

25 Nov 2020 18:04

SCS rebuild + PM improvements to Hamburg = nice! in my opinion.
Kohlbrandbrücke in old PM Hamburg, was 1 of the best parts of it. But I can live without it.
HH-Othmarschen to IKEA Hamburg-Moorfleet, trhu north side of Norderelbe, is that even possible? with the current Hamburg?
I would rather prefer some new roads west of Hamburg, that connect to HH-Othmarschen. B5 connection, for example :)
If someday builds there.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Anlelo
Donation rank:

25 Nov 2020 23:07

The 4 tube Elbtunnel of course reflects reality but takes up a lot of space. Maybe it could be an acceptable compromise to reshape the tunnel to only two tubes if it could make the city more accessable from the West/Northwest. The Köhlbrandbrücke will be demolished and replaced by a tunnel in 2030 anyway, as far as I know.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

27 Nov 2020 10:44

2030 is in 10 years.. So a driveable bridge is it worthy again. The old Elbtunnel also had 4 tubes as far as I know.. It was only shorter. And if compared to RL the road shape in the game match not the real thing..

So give it back to the old shape could also be good.

As I said before my favorite would be to take the old Hamburg and exchange all old models and textures and replace it with new stuff. Like Scan720 did with Munich. Munich is the best refreshment of you ask me. You have the same roadnetwork with little exceptions.. But this what he did with Munich would also be good with Hamburg. In addition add the new Horster Dreieck and Maschener Kreuz a d vou la it would be perfect. Maybe keep the container port and make it accessible via exit Waltershof..

Then everything is alright and with that you were also able to bring the B431 out of Hamburg and let itead to B5 maybe with a connection B73 direction Cuxhaven and Bremerhaven and maybe also with the Ferry Glückstadt

The Elbe Weser Dreieck is pretty empty..

Anlelo
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2020 10:17

That actually sounds like a good idea.
Yes, the Elbe Weser Dreieck looks undeveloped. Maybe Cuxhaven and eventually Heide could be added along the B5 and connect it to the Danish A11.

xReaperLegend

04 Dec 2020 15:24

Heyy there!

Did you see the new light system screenshots of ETS2 on the steam news? On one screenshot you can see a big white building over a highway with "Parkhaus" on it. I am pretty sure that is the "Bosch Parkhaus" in Stuttgart. Stuttgard is one of the old part of germany, so it could be, that this is a hidden announcement for the last part of the Revisited Germany Project from SCS coming in 1.40 next year.

What do you think?
Düsseldorf, Germany

citelis730
Donation rank:

04 Dec 2020 15:31

Actually SCS talked about 3rd phase of Germany Rebuild in the blog post.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

04 Dec 2020 19:46

Yeah it is confirmed that phase is full at work. But It sounded to my ears more that the 1. 40 has the new lightsystem as the main content.

It should be ready before any new map appears. They have to change almost every object for the new light system.
But I am not totally sure, maybe in 1.40 germany rebuild part 3 will come.. Maybe not..

But if so they should show more and talk more about it. It is about south and west Germany. That is a big area left for it.

Looxtastisch

25 Dec 2020 11:19

Ist es noch geplant die A33 ins spiel zu bringen?

english

Are you still planning to add the A33 into the game?
Last edited by Trucker2223 on 25 Dec 2020 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added translation, english only in the main forum

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information