[REL] TR Extended Map 1.3 [1.43]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
TitchPiglet
Donation rank:

19 Dec 2020 12:53

Can you add a road connection with Project Turkey?

yqdfy

19 Dec 2020 13:10

Right on their website.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 19 Dec 2020 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Gabrielius_logistic
Donation rank:

19 Dec 2020 22:03

Yqdfy, are you sure?
I saw Promods Road Connection on their website, but no Project Turkey RC, that's for sure.
Moreover, they told that their map is not compatible with Project Turkey.

yqdfy

20 Dec 2020 01:44

Their website only has TR and Promods links,
Last edited by bmwGTR on 20 Dec 2020 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Truckingfun9810
Donation rank:

20 Dec 2020 02:37

TitchPiglet wrote:
19 Dec 2020 12:53
Can you add a road connection with Project Turkey?
Hi, developer of the mod says it is not compatible with project turkey. So unfortunately no road connection.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

20 Dec 2020 16:38

I have had a look at this map mod in the map editor. It had caught my interest in the previews, but I wanted to have a closer look to get a proper and fair judgement of the map's quality.

To start with the good news: this is one of the stronger first releases of a map mod I've seen thus far. You can put that compliment into your pocket ;) There are several things I am impressed about, and some things that you can still improve upon:

+++ Positives +++
  • I'm impressed with the modifications you did within the city itself. The modifications fit in seamlessly into the existing area, and I'm impressed of that tight cloverleaf interchange on the O-7, which replaces a roundabout interchange. There's very little space there and yet you managed to fit it in.
  • The port area is also impressive. A few creative solutions here and there, and the extension on the groundwork SCS laid down has been worked out nicely.
  • I see a lot of creative asset usage, and it does capture the look and feel of the area.
  • The "quality floor" (meaning the lowest level quality present in this mod) is set pretty high. Some parts may need some improvement, but I haven't seen any parts I consider ugly. We ourselves are currently struggling with raising this quality floor in ProMods in our older areas, but since yours is already at a pretty high level, I expect this mod to age like fine wine ;)
  • The Bosporus bridge model is impressive. Splendid asset work on what you could call a major set piece of this mod!
  • The signage quality is top notch. Clearly you have spent a lot of attention on this aspect.
--- Points of improvement ---
  • There are a lot of redundant roads north of Istanbul that serve little function. It feels like overkill and that you want too much stuff in too little space. Some modesty in planning will often make your map look better. Time on these roads could be spent on making more roads elsewhere, or to make the other roads better, plus these redundant roads that are close together and are in each other's sight lines are bad for performance. I'd make the following roads not driveable, or even remove them altogether to improve performance: Image
  • The O-6 uses a lot of roads and prefabs from the Baltic DLC [1] set instead of the Black Sea DLC set. The road surface don't fit in this region and the markings are wrong. It surprises me, because most of these roads have a proper Turkish version available. The few roads and prefabs that are missing should be copied over from the Baltic road set, reskinned, and its lines should be adapted to fit Turkish lines. Since DLC France, the SCS prefab sets are based upon the same geometry and can be reskinned to fit another set. Since you've made some of your own assets for this mod, I'm sure you have the required competence to do this. It would make the roads feel more stylistically coherent.
  • I could see several landscape gaps on the horizon and some models obviously popping into view. Pay some more attention to that if you want to make this mod tidy.
  • Curves are somewhat sloppy in several locations. This either leads to inconsistent and ugly looking curves [2] or it's leading to wobbly roads [3] [4]. These are not fun to drive and make the road design look unrefined, while it's easy to fix. You will need some free node rotation for this. Pay attention to this and your roads will look much better (and natural).
  • Some areas are missing terrain texture brushes [5] [6]. This makes the ground look really bare. Please add some brushing where it's still missing to make the ground textures look less unnaturally uniform.
To conclude, this mod as a lot going for it, and for a first release this is impressive. But it still feels a bit rough on the edges, but if you pay attention to the things I noted above, and most of it are relatively easy fixes to make things more tidy, this mod can become part of the top of map mods. I'll certainly keep an eye on further developments of this mod.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

brainiac
Donation rank:

20 Dec 2020 18:29

Is there a plan to merge this mod to Promods?
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

21 Dec 2020 00:24

I don't think it's in TR Extended's best interest to merge their content with ProMods as it is right now. Currently, their content is not dependent on ProMods, and can be used with other map mods or completely on its own as well. Also, I think it only requires the Black Sea DLC (correct me if I'm wrong), while ProMods requires all map DLCs.

Remember, this mod's main target audience is the Turkish community; the ProMods community is a big audience, but it's not the main audience they want to satisfy. So, at the moment, maximum compatibility seems to be the best strategy to reach the widest portion of their main target audience.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

brainiac
Donation rank:

21 Dec 2020 00:34

That sounds very reasonable.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

CoffeMug

21 Dec 2020 09:03

It say incompatible for me :(

I need some help

I have No DLC BUT I would like to get a Promod map

witch map would work for me ?

thank you

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information