G27 wheel heavy steering

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
james37611
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2021 00:19

Hello all,

I haven't used the wheel for a while on ETS2, and having spent a few months at work driving coaches I forgot what the G27 wheel was like, and I'm sure I had this problem last time.

It works but the wheel is stiff as anything. When it's unplugged its light, but when it's plugged in, it gets tight and heavy which is usually does, and I haul the wheel for the calibration, but it lightens up on OMSI2 and Assetto Corsa and feels as it should, but it doesn't change when using ETS2. I've turned off FFB in the sim and I have NO centrespring steering enabled, yet I have to really hold the wheel to go left or right as it's fighting me to go back to the centre position.

On a motorway it's fine, elsewhere it's a nightmare, I'm driving a Scania R series 70 plate, yet feels like driving a 1940s truck with no power steering, works muscles in my arms but by god my shoulders ache after!

Anyone else had this and if there is a fix or setting? It's not FFB related in the sim, having the tick box selected or not makes absolutely no difference.

I unplugged the wheel and restarted the sim, plugged the wheel back in and no difference at all.

Any help appreciated!

James.

erbkaiser
Donation rank:

07 Jan 2021 11:02

For a G27, use the Logitech profiler to set degrees of rotation to 900 for ETS2 and ATS. Also it actually helps to ENABLE FFB and the centering spring, just set it to 0%
And check the box to allow the game to alter settings.

In-game, under Controls you can adjust the steering sensitivity. Make sure non-linearity is all the way to the left (off).

I have a G29 myself and also use this plugin to alter FFB in-game: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=49772

james37611
Donation rank:

07 Jan 2021 18:49

Ah I have tried that plugin and it was the same problem BUT I hadn't enabled the centre spring, I have set it to 0%, tomorrow I shall give it a go with the centre spring enabled and try that, thank you

James.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 08 Jan 2021 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

james143611
Donation rank:

10 Jan 2021 18:35

erbkaiser wrote:
07 Jan 2021 11:02
For a G27, use the Logitech profiler to set degrees of rotation to 900 for ETS2 and ATS. Also it actually helps to ENABLE FFB and the centering spring, just set it to 0%
And check the box to allow the game to alter settings.

In-game, under Controls you can adjust the steering sensitivity. Make sure non-linearity is all the way to the left (off).

I have a G29 myself and also use this plugin to alter FFB in-game: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=49772
I had a crack at that with no joy. In the end I uninstalled it and downloaded it again, and the properties screen was different. I had no calibration option like the last one I had installed, but I turned the wheel and it went round 900 degrees, and the other options worked, and now it works perfect, especially with the FFB plugin which is absolutely fantastic! Just got to sort out the LED lights. I set it to Mode=1 as it states this sets the lights for the rest duration time (I do have the fatigue simulation) but the LED's go up to amber and keep flashing. When I turn the engine on and off again I get 2 green lights all the time, turn the engine on and off again and it turns the LEDs off. It seems to cycle round like that

erbkaiser
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2021 11:17

Glad you got it working (mostly)!

Unfortunately I don't know how to deal with the LEDs, the G29 works differently.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information