France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:
It’s my birthday

11 Jan 2021 03:04

The new French roads and two towns will be part of the Iberia DLC merge into ProMods, and we will look at the content and rebuild or replace as appropriate. Given how old that area of France is in PM, replace is probably more likely, followed by any rebuilds the developers want to do afterwards.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

Shiva

11 Jan 2021 06:49

Nathan_A_RF, that does sound good.
The exit 9 that SCS made. And what is the current west exit of A64, could be enough for Pau.
If not, then exit 9.1, if there is space to add it someday, should be good too.
Pau's western industrial are should be quite ok, if it is added or readded? to ProMods.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

IvanGF14
Developer

15 Jan 2021 01:39

Hey, how's It going? It's been a long time since the last time I posted around here. Been busy with studies and work, but anyway now I have way more time so I'm back at mapping.

I have good news for you all: SCS Calais rebuild has been integrated on the map, and of course we added a bit of that Promods magic that we all love :D . We merged the current city with our map, and you will be glad to hear that we removed the old odd way that the A16 ended on Calais. We knew that wasnt realistic, and of course we took care of It. Now you will find a proper A16/A26 interchange (adapted to the current map layout in-game, so expect It not to be a 100% perfect replica of the IRL interchange, but It's close enough.
In addition, we added a bit of the A26, the highway that goes on the way of Reims. It ends on an interchange that connects your drive to the secondary road that originally starts in Calais in vanilla game, until further rebuils happen.
We also lowered the Belgium counterpart of the A16: the A18, to match the height of It's surroudings, making It nice and flat.
And last but not least, we have to talk about the Eurotunnel. We didnt rebuild it yet, there were some plans for It but we skipped them for now so you can enjoy SCS Calais on the next update of Promods, instead of waiting for no one knows how much time until someone took care of It, but at least you will be happy to know that we removed (or finished) the roadwork that there was on the highway near it, making a nice steady drive for you on this area.
As you can see, we modified this to make It look like the intersection was removed with those old roadworks, a little touch until something bigger comes.

Anyway, we hope you liked the screenshots and stay tuned, since there are some more news regarding France ;)

LudoDiabolo
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2021 03:53

what good news, finally France is back in hand, it's starting to miss the Promods touch in our good old France.

I also noticed that "xxsamdu93xx" had joined the Promods team, which can only be good news for the future of France in Promods.

Good luck to you, and thank you very much for giving new life to our France ;) .

Good return to you, and welcome to your colleague, the first picture announces the very heavy and beautiful work.
ETS2 1.48 : Promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS
ATS 1.48 : Promods Canada

ThomPlaysGames
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2021 11:24

Great to see that insane kind of signage in these pictures!
koolman420

trphlcs
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2021 11:29

Welcome back, Ivan!

Emyr27
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2021 20:54

Really good news ! So happy to see Northern France getting more realistic ! It was such a bad feeling when driving around Calais (which I do a lot). I even avoided it as much as possible ... Good news about the early release before we get a complete Eurotunnel rebuild. Personnaly I don't mind too much about the terminal, it will be good to have the roads and SCS Calais.

Thanks Promods !

Mooner_37
Donation rank:

15 Jan 2021 22:49

Nice signs Ivan :)
ETS2 / ATS

Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270.46 miles) - ATS: 329,972 km (205,035 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 48

Louno Trucker

15 Jan 2021 22:51

I am so happy that France is getting more attention, thank you IvanGF14. :D
Promods user since 2018

xavierlosc

15 Jan 2021 23:04

Good evening,

I have a question, the cities not present that you can see on the signs like Dunkerque, Mulhouse or Colmar will be done later? In any case, congrats for this magnificent work on the city of Calais.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information