[REL]SibirMap 2.0 UE for ETS2 [1.49] - Version 2.8.0

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
tipa34
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2021 10:43

Discovered yesterday, very good job, high quality mapping !
Mobility and Transportation student - bikes and trains for our cities !

Kaperios
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2021 11:11

So finally downloaded SibirMap today and have my few cents to drop in.
Let's start off with the things I love about the map.
  • I really love the climate you've created. It does feel like a typical deep Siberian Russia. I especially love that little party on the parking lot in front of Lenta
  • I like the small bridges over the little rivers, feels like The Great Steppe with this one, and I think that's a good thing.
  • The cities feel like proper big cities \o/. This is the one thing that The Great Steppe lacks, the cities there don't feel like big cities at all but that's I suppose due to lack of assets. This map on the other hand had me from the beginning. It really felt like I was just driving into that remote big city that's the only thing in the near 1000 km, love it.
Now onto the bit less fun things.
  • The map seems to have quite a problem with OpenGL. Seems like most if not all the custom assets made for this map appear pure black. If you need some info about it in Russian I know that Sergey fixed this issue in RusMap.
  • There is a ton of "End of road" barriers (aka the "X" barriers) missing. Either they are way too far out, so they're not really visible from the cab, or they are just not there. I understand you might want to make them less visible because they're ugly, but they're in the game for a reason. I would really appreciate if you added more of them/moved them forward a bit. If you want to make them a bit less ugly you can always make them shorter like SCS does, sometimes you only encounter 1 "X".
Overall a really great looking map with great Russian atmosphere. It just needs a bit more bug fixing :P

stevefunk2010

01 Feb 2021 15:51

Many thanks for Siberia! Wishing you continued success with this project.

MXTrucker
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2021 18:23

Hi,
SIBIR MAP in Promods map combo ;)
Enjoy !
Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/MXTrucker/videos
En français et/ou anglais
In English and/or French
Pùo aiutare in Italiano

10avoid
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2021 18:47

Kaperios wrote:
01 Feb 2021 11:11

[*]There is a ton of "End of road" barriers (aka the "X" barriers) missing. Either they are way too far out, so they're not really visible from the cab, or they are just not there. I understand you might want to make them less visible because they're ugly, but they're in the game for a reason. I would really appreciate if you added more of them/moved them forward a bit. If you want to make them a bit less ugly you can always make them shorter like SCS does, sometimes you only encounter 1 "X".
[/list]

Overall a really great looking map with great Russian atmosphere. It just needs a bit more bug fixing :P
I wanted the dead end signs to be invisible when driving on a normal road, and only turned on when driving on the wrong road. I understand that this breaks the standard logic of their use. This is done on purpose. Thank you for your opinion and overall positive feedback.
Author of the project SibirMap&SZM Addon

MXTrucker
Donation rank:

01 Feb 2021 18:51

However we can see these signs, congrats and thank you for this 1/19 version : a goddamned gift, as I enjoyed the 1/1 ;)
Last edited by bmwGTR on 02 Feb 2021 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours
Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/MXTrucker/videos
En français et/ou anglais
In English and/or French
Pùo aiutare in Italiano

marccollins

01 Feb 2021 19:37

Looks like amazing quality work. Thank you so much for your efforts--both graphics and compatibility with the surrounding mods--and I look forward to trying it.

charlessabuero
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2021 04:37

Hello, I want to report that the Road to Aral Addon does not work with SibirMap. Although it loads, you'll get broken road connections, and some weird errors in the map and GPS.

Mprochazka

03 Feb 2021 09:07

That is porblem with TGS map because TGS got bigger so Road to Aral is now not compatible

Melvin971

03 Feb 2021 19:57

How do I unzip them without overwriting the names just rename them?

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information