Fixed Hard Parking Difficulty?

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
bskim4

05 Feb 2021 23:01

The "I can do anything!" option is either the medium parking spot or the hard parking spot and you cannot choose between them in game. I just thought it was randomly selected but now I do not think that is the case, after doing some experiments with my saves. I've been also looking into the save file (game.sii) and realised it's not there. So I am assuming this can be modded in a way that the player is always given the hard parking spot, but can't find where the rule (as to which parking spot is given to the player) is stored.
My question is, can it be modded and if so what should I modify?

Vøytek
Developer

06 Feb 2021 16:06

Are you sure? Some time ago I was testing some companies I made, to get Medium or Hard spots, and it was random.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

bskim4

06 Feb 2021 19:01

In my case it's not random as in, if you get a medium spot, then if you accept the same job (after save-loading) you still get a medium spot. It can of course be random in other senses:
I currently have a save file with an ongoing job with a hard parking spot. There is a quick job from Verona to Latakia, and if you take it after completing the ongoing job then it gives me the hard parking spot, but if you abandon the ongoing job and then take the quick job it gives me the medium spot. I've tried both several times and the results were the same. (Actually all the other jobs would also give me the same difficulty spots for each case.)

I've done more experiments today and I am leaning to "it cannot be modded" because...
I tried a previous save file from the 7th week (the current one is at the 9th week) and it gives me hard parking spots, but as soon as I remove the newer saves from the folder the old one gives me a medium spot. When I restore the newer saves the old one again gives me hard spots. So my last guess is that the game generates a random number depending on the newest save of the profile (the random number should be the same if the save is the same), though I don't know which bit of it matters.

For what it's worth, when you get a hard spot then in the save file you will see the second coordinates between "target_placement_medium" and "target_placement_hard" are switched (Somehow the source placement is also slightly different though I didn't check what caused the difference), so if you got a medium parking spot you can switch them for the hard spot i.e. medium/hard is determined upon accepting the job though I don't know what the exact rule is.

I wouldn't even call myself a modder and what I've done so far is manipulating some simple .sii files in def folder, so the second coordinate just looks like the y-coordinate to me and I don't know what switching between them does and why (switching the first and third ones have no effect). I hope somebody could tell me.

Edit: All the coordinates also seem different each time even if you're going to the same company in the same city though the randomness is so small it is negligible (less than 0x......20 in hex). These values are also the same when you try the same job from the same save file so this may have something to do with the difficulty-choice algorithm. Anyway, while I still don't know the exact algorithm, I figured out why switching the y-coordinates forced the hard parking spot. The y-coordinate is the vertical coordinate and usually (if not always) the altitudes of the two parking spots are the same. But in the save file one of them is &60ad78ec (the same one as in "target_placement_rigid") which is a very large number and this seems to overflow the coordinate or something and makes it invalid. So when it's in "target_placement_medium" you get the hard one, and when it's in "target_placement_hard" you get the medium one. This is why switching between them forces it, and anything greater than &60ad78ec also works. Up to &60ad78eb doesn't work. If both are &60ad78ec you can't park, and if both are less than &60ad78ec you get the medium spot. The latter is the case of the Virtual Speditor program, so I'm pretty sure it always gives you medium spots.

Example:
target_placement: (&44dd4948, &4215cbfb, &47032e4d) (&3f7831f0; 0, &be7aed14, 0)
target_placement_medium: (&44d84a3d, &60ad78ec, &47033e4d) (&bf032474; 0, &3f5bdbc2, 0)
target_placement_hard: (&44da5b85, &4215cbfb, &47031f9a) (&bf032474; 0, &3f5bdbc2, 0)
target_placement_rigid: (0, &60ad78ec, 0) (1; 0, 0, 0)
This would give you the hard spot.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 07 Feb 2021 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information