Italian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
SturmZebra
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2021 23:25

lelux wrote:
21 Mar 2021 10:11
I don't understand why in this thread a lot of people only ask about San Marino to be added when a lot of areas of Italy DLC are absolutely trascurated (Florence, Liguria, the Adriatic coast, Rome, Catania, Torino, all the North east) and some important cities for trucking like for example Perugia and others are missing . San Marino is a microscopic village with some little industries... Ok, it would be nice to have as scenery city, just to catch some nice screenshots but that's it...
I think that many people like these nieche places because it might be a challenge to drive there, moreso than places that are easily accessible by trucks irl
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

Marco Zangari

13 Apr 2021 12:16

scan720 wrote:
06 Apr 2021 07:31
HeavyAngel95 wrote:
05 Apr 2021 01:02
In version 2.52, all improved signs between Brenner/Brennero and Verona have been removed, including Italian/German bilingual signs. Why? :'(
The models I used have been removed because theyre very outdated, Meanwhile we have way better newer models for Italy and I have already replaced some signs in south of Italy
Scan 720 how long does it take to have complete Italian signage in all regions?

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2021 14:07

A year maybe
Its just that especially complex signs need their time and I have also other projects
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

enrico.tiberi.71

13 Apr 2021 14:14

It will be nice changing region in Italy and having the possibility to see it (example: letting Lazio region and entering in Toscana region, with the notify on the Route Advisor with name and emblem of the region)!
🎓 Linguistic and cultural mediation student (Università per stranieri di Siena) 🇬🇧 🇩🇪 🇪🇸

⚽ Unione Sportiva Grosseto 1912 ⚽

🚛 Independent truck driver 🇮🇹

Krrypton
Donation rank:

14 Apr 2021 23:54

enrico.tiberi.71 wrote:
13 Apr 2021 14:14
It will be nice changing region in Italy and having the possibility to see it (example: letting Lazio region and entering in Toscana region, with the notify on the Route Advisor with name and emblem of the region)!
That happens in Germany, so yea, i would like to see that in italy too.

grega

22 Jun 2021 11:48

Someone definitely should take over the complete remake of Venice area. What we currently have has nothing to do with IRL situation at all. For me as a very common drive-by person there IRL, here are my suggestions:
- Venice has it's bypass which is acutaly highway A4, the inner "motorway" its A57. In game we only have mix of both (if).
- delivery points or industrial areas should be in Marcon (NE Venice), Mestre and port of Marghera. Everything else is not realistic. Trucks can go as far as to Mestre / Marghera
- the inner motorway should have reduced speed limit, passing through suburbs + some industrial, commercial area and at least one toll station (or just keep the existing one after Venice)
- the A4 bypass must have at least 1-3 if possible underpasses (up's and down's), this is really caracteristic there
- current entrance (exit) from highway is completly off, nothing to do with IRL thing, so this should be done correctly as well

I know there is sooo little space, but maybe some kind of mixture should be possible, would be nice to have it.
I hope I inspired some dev or other editor skilled player to make it :D
Follow our Project Balkans news on FB page https://www.facebook.com/ets2balkans
Check my brand new serie on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5FdxHhEIA&t=584s

id777
Donation rank:

22 Jun 2021 22:39

Yes, totally agree
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

lelux

23 Jun 2021 07:50

Me too. My tought is that SCS one year or another will completely rehaul the Alps, Switzerland, Austria and North Italy area (included Venice area), just like they did with Germany.

Frate
Donation rank:

23 Jun 2021 08:07

Next is probably UK, as it is the oldest part of the map after Germany.

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

23 Jun 2021 14:12

The sad thing is that SCS always does reskins or extensions when almost everything possible in such area has already been done by ProMods (or RusMap or something like that), which is always waaaayyy better than SCS will ever create. The exception is Portugal and the South/West of Spain, as nobody else has built there before as far as I know. But soon the big improvements to Austria will be released by ProMods and then SCS would suddenly come up with a new Austria, so that ProMods can merge again and delete parts of their beautiful work.
Also the UK is so much improved by ProMods that it feels to me an SCS reskin could only ruin it and create a lot of unwanted work for ProMods.
Same applies for the Heart of Russia DLC: After Iberia (which stuffed out the stunning ProMods Spain) I never think SCS will build Russia in a more realistic and beautiful way than RusMap did...
It feels a bit like a cat and mouse game to me, or don't the developers experience it that way? I'm genuinely curious how they look at this.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information