Middle East Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
FROMTHEMOUNTAIN
Donation rank:

17 Apr 2021 08:31

Hi Platypus,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work and show my appreciation. The Middle-Eastern section of Promods is one of my favourite areas of the entire map and you have managed to give it such an unique and believable atmosphere. I also have to say that your new transition from the Syrian desert into the farmlands of the north and the hills of the southern Anatolian Peninsula is just really lifelike.

I am sorry if this comment does not contribute to a better discussion but after having read some really harsh comments on the previous pages and the fact that I have followed your work for years but never engaged on this forum I just felt I had to speak out. Once again, I really appreciate what you have been doing and I am sure that almost everyone will agree. Thank you for all your hard work.

natjer3

17 Apr 2021 13:03

Hi Playtpus

First, of all, well done, this addon is great.

May I suggest, in the ferry ports where there are checkpoints with no border check, can you add a border check as well?

miknick_20
Donation rank:

17 Apr 2021 19:44

Hello, is it true that (in future) Baghdad is coming? :)
🚛 ETS2 player (EuropeanVoyager) 🇷🇸 🇵🇱

Visit my ETS channel ---> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNnBq ... wJp_Y2ILUA

natjer3

18 Apr 2021 14:30

@horizon, WOW Iraq is great.

So yesterday I visited Iraq and went to Al Qaim. Before you reach Iraq, you already feel like you are in the middle of nowhere in a desert. After the border, the highway makes it feel like it is a more habitated area. Until you turn towards Al Qaim, in the middle of nowhere again, just a paved road with almost no markings. I had to take a rest stop on an area with sand and refuel from the shabbiest looking station (although that's some cheap diesel). Reaching, Al Qaim, I loved the inspection since it was an actual checkpoint just like the borders.

Horizon™
Developer

18 Apr 2021 15:50

Thank you very much for the nice words about my work. I am very glad that you are enjoying the travel through desolate places of Iraq. I always try my best to capture the feeling of Iraq and the desert.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

miknick_20
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2021 16:24

Just love your Iraq bro <3 ;)
🚛 ETS2 player (EuropeanVoyager) 🇷🇸 🇵🇱

Visit my ETS channel ---> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNnBq ... wJp_Y2ILUA

changyu87
Donation rank:

20 Apr 2021 13:58

PM 2.55. +ME 2.55a Garage Error Occurred

<ERROR> Garage prefab not found! (iskenderun)

Dejf94

05 May 2021 06:58

Hello,
at first, I'd like to say thanks for all that hard work on this amazing add-on. I really appreciate it.

And now to my suggestion, which surprisingly is not about any location, road or anything like that. Almost every city there, especially in highly populated areas like Israel or so, has very high number of parking places, which generate dozens of AI models parked in very small area. As I have quite older laptop, this for sure lowers the performance in ME cities. Wouldn't it be better to use scenic parked cars as a map asset, which SCS have? I guess the car brands in these assets may be inaccurate in ME, but I guess it will help at least avoid some FPS dropping in cities. (Or can you create some asset of parked cars specific for this area? I would combine SCS Hyundai Santa Fe, Toyota Corolla, Dacia/Renault Logan and and Kia Ceed II.)

TzM23

17 May 2021 11:14

I finally got around to trying the new update. I have to say I love it, and it looks really good.

I have some small remarks: the town of Rutbah (الرطبة) is spelled like Tabah (طبة) on most signs in the Arabic script. Also some signs have Ramadi in latin script and Al-Qa'im (القائم) in Arabic. Maybe these are errors? I also noticed the signs in Egypt pointing to Gaza are empty, but I think you know that already. If you need any help with Arabic let me know.

Also, could you improve some crossroads for example in Dera (Syria) or the crossing near Port Said coming off the bridge a bit? For some reason they are almost impossible to cross for me.

tantalus

17 May 2021 18:28

Platypus wrote:
15 Apr 2021 11:53
The option we choose was :

- 2.52 = Promods comptatible with 1.40
- 2.55 = 2.52 + DLC Iberia (+ fixes)
- 2.xx = (partial) merge between Iberia DLC and previous Promods Spain and Andorra. It's however a long work to do.

For Mid-East

- 2.52 = Compatible with 1.40 + what was ready, like Mersin
- 2.55 = 2.52 + bug fixes
- 2.xx = 2.55 + new content to come, like the Mersin-Iskenderun road

Regards,
I wonder, many of us (if not most of the players who actually live in Spain) hate the Iberia DLC.
Why not just overwrite the entire Iberia DLC with promods? that would be hella faster..

I honestly dont mind to get rid of the Iberia DLC since its disgusting. I miss terribly the old promods Iberia.
I dont touch the Iberia DLC anymore, its boring, i already saw everything, many many industrial important cities missing, many important cities with no details at all like Madrid.
Its a disaster DLC, i prefer only 1/3 of Iberia completed with promods than 3/3 completed by Iberia SCS.

About Middle-East, im loving it. Amazing work. The only issue i have is that for some reason, when im in the cabin-view, the environment looks so shiny and like cartoonish style that is pretty unpleasant to drive
(sorry i forgot to grab a screenshot, its pretty weird). In exterior view everything looks fine. I dont know if its related to the truck mod im using (va&ek daf 105) or happens using any truck (so its a problem coming from middle-east). The thing is im almost sure i only had this happen in middle-east.

Anyone experienced something like this?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information