How to make a mod for the MAP Editor

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
Ifauc

20 Apr 2021 22:29

Hello everybody!
Sorry, if it was already, I can't find the answer in any way. Previously, when the Map Editor was launched from the console (for example, 1.35), it was easy to make a mod for the Map Editor (resize windows, hint language, etc.). For example, files along the path "/system/wx/" from the "base.scs" file, after the changes were packed into the ".zip" archive, were placed in the "mod" folder, and the Map Editor easily picked up these changes. The same thing happened when the modified files were placed in the "mod" folder unpacked.
Now, I tried to do the same (change the prompts to my native language) in the ETS2 version, where the Editor is launched through a shortcut (executed in 1.38 -1.40) and it does not want to accept changes in any way, that is, it starts without changes. I put the files to be modified in the "mod" folder both in the packed "zip-file" and unpacked (in the zip file the "system" folder is located in the root folder of the archive, and in the unpacked - in the "base" folder). I also placed unpacked files in the folder "ETS2 installation folder\base" and the Map Editor also starts without changes.
The map editor in the latest versions of ETS2 does not support this? Where and how should the files be placed? Please help solve this problem if possible. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Sorry for my bad english, I use a google translator.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information