I don't know if it's just me, but Promods Spain > SCS Iberia

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
jdenm8
Graphics Designer

24 Apr 2021 14:29

tantalus wrote:
22 Apr 2021 03:35
Yes, it is. 100% of games today have FULL support of directx (and most of them today already give you the option of DX12).
Allowing you to use more accurate features, with less performance cost, and better quality (like better AO, better AA, etc).
Again, you dont understand. AO was added as an attrezo because its awful as sin. The game itself dont have a proper shadow casting system to allow proper AO to start with.
And if you played more videogames, you would realize how bad are shadows in this game. Terrible.
But everybody bought it. As always happens when SCS releases a new "thing".
The shadows are fine. Considering you don't seem to know what AO does and how AO even works, I'm going to assume you're just spouting buzzwords. I bet you're the kind of fool that has Anisotropic Filtering set to 4x.
tantalus wrote:
Erm.. SMAA is exactly like TAA but a million times worst. Both are postprocess shaders.
They're entirely different technologies intended to do entirely different things.
SMAA and MLAA are related technologies. They're part of the same family.

And again, you're spouting buzzwords here.

TAA and TXAA are Temporal Anti-Aliasing methods. The blurring is a side-effect, because it's not what they're intended to do, they're designed to minimise time artefacting. The example that Wikipedia uses is to eliminate the appearance of car wheels rotating backwards in films.

AND THEY'RE VENDOR LOCKED.

And finally,
tantalus wrote:
again, you guys are pretty naive.
This is no longer fun. Please go shout into a different endless void.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

orestescm76
Donation rank:

24 Apr 2021 17:39

tantalus wrote:
jdenm8 wrote:
20 Apr 2021 09:51
What exactly would they move onto another core? Low-hanging fruit like sound and saving have already been broken out AFAIK.
Many games still don't have great multicore utilisation. Also, ETS2 *is* a game from 2013 built on top of another from 2011.
Erm.. more cores, more performance, more space to do a million more things, more performance on older computers, ETC ETC.
And what? you must be really young dude. 100% games today have multi-core support and of course they use them. In some cases even all of them.
I mean, you are talking about completely ESSENTIAL in gaming today. If you cant understand this, as i said, you must be very young (or maybe the opposite around?).
you're so wrong here lol

tantalus

26 Apr 2021 00:10

jdenm8 wrote:

The shadows are fine. Considering you don't seem to know what AO does and how AO even works, I'm going to assume you're just spouting buzzwords. I bet you're the kind of fool that has Anisotropic Filtering set to 4x.
What??? Shadows are fine?? dude, how many games did you play in your life? because obviously if you think jagged shadows and inconsistent flicking shadows are "fine", you must think this is normal for a videogame, not even in 2014 shadows were so terrible. And yes. If you dont have a proper shadow casting system, it wont matter how many lightning revamps you do, things like ambient oclussion will be always bad, bad, bad. There is no way around that. Fun fact, the AO activated from the nvidia npi produces even better results, but again, bad, because its limited by the game engine itself.
jdenm8 wrote:
They're entirely different technologies intended to do entirely different things.
SMAA and MLAA are related technologies. They're part of the same family.

TAA and TXAA are Temporal Anti-Aliasing methods. The blurring is a side-effect, because it's not what they're intended to do, they're designed to minimise time artefacting. The example that Wikipedia uses is to eliminate the appearance of car wheels rotating backwards in films.
I didnt say anything about that. It doesnt matter if they are "different" technologies, as you said , each one has a purpose, and the purpose of TAA/TXAA is to get ride of shimmering in first place, what you call "artifacts" is precisely that. Not a single person would use TAA as an antialiasing method if the game is not showing extreme shimmering problems (like ETS2/ATS). Thats why its primary objective is to eliminate that, not to offer a perfect antialiasing. And we are talking about videogames, not films. It doesnt matter what, the thing is that SCS should have improved the game engine to allow things like TAA, instead of keep adding half done features that we are better without.

This game without proper driver driven AA is unplayable, and im surprised that people keeps saying this game looks awesome when you cant even see the landscape away due to the extreme shimmering and lousy aliasing. I get that people get used to bad things, but at this point, its just ridiculous, sorry. Same is happening with the DLCs. Iberia is a clear example.

Added in 2 minutes 28 seconds:
orestescm76 wrote:
24 Apr 2021 17:39
you're so wrong here lol
How can i be wrong about something that obvious? do you even know what multi-core is? do you know the basics about computers? do you know what a bottleneck is?

bricksathome
Developer

26 Apr 2021 00:58

That’s all well and good, but arguing with people here isn’t going to achieve anything productive. If it bothers you so much, go talk to SCS directly, they’re the people that can actually do anything about it. We’ll just keep working with what we’re given.
The Best Way To see What I've been Doing Recently Is To Click Here!
http://www.youtube.com/c/bricksathome1

Currently working in mid Wales in ETS2
and the area around Kelowna and Vernon in ATS

Cipus
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2021 20:17

you may take my opinion as subjective knowing that I cannot stand two of the SCS forum moderators because of their incompetency and I am boycotting SCS because the forum admin is systematically delaying a reply to my reports, invoking for 8 months already that "more time is needed" :D
nevertheless I had to update separately my games to 1.40 in order to update my traffic and Ai sounds Steam mods (because the new rank rule for traffic prevented me to upload my traffic mods) and I decided to give a try to 1.40 in both games. although there are some beautiful things like the city lights at night (especially in ATS), overall I like more 1.38 together with the gorgeous skyboxes from an older free graphic and weather mod from Damian, Project NextGen 1.8. therefore sadly I had to go back in 1.38 where I enjoy ProMods 2.50 also because of the headache that would have gave me updating 160+ mods :D
from the videos I saw regarding Iberia, I also consider ProMods Spain more beautiful and I am glad I have not bought and I will never buy Iberia.
coming back to one of the incompetent moderators, in my rare visits to SCS forum I noticed that he removed the ProMods fix for Iberia traffic, as well as any comments that were mentioning the ProMods fix. wow this is even more ridiculous than my ban, so ProMods team has made a fix for the traffic correcting in Blender some Iberia prefabs and that has nothing to do with the ProMods map, but the fix and comments about it cannot stay on the SCS forum on the dedicated topic for Iberia :D I am so glad that I left that toxic forum before I was banned and I prefer to play forever in ProMods 2.50 and learn mapping so I can continue my Iberia later
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Shiva

28 Apr 2021 13:14

Have you checked the ProMods thread on the SCS forum?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information