UK Road Prefab how to

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
kjhedges

21 Jun 2021 17:48

Im new in this map editor on version 1.40

Got it all going and creating a 1:1 scale uk map. (personal fun)

But, I cannot find any tutorial to be able to make a prefab road. This is what I need to make.

Any help would be appreciated.

A little preview of some of what I have done

Cheers

ScuL
Founder

21 Jun 2021 23:13

There is a selection of prefab items in the content browser. It is possible to create custom prefabs but they are a *LOT* of work and also require quite a bit of modelling skills. It's not advised to do this as a beginner and instead work with the prefabs that are already available in the game.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

kjhedges

23 Jun 2021 09:56

While I understand and appreciate what you say as good advice for a beginner. How can people, with the capability, become experienced mappers of ETS2/ATS if your only advice was to just use default prefabs.

I did however find this link from scs https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=52334 which although an old post, was very helpful.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 23 Jun 2021 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

ScuL
Founder

24 Jun 2021 06:58

Yes this is old way of making prefabs. Nowadays you can open/edit/export prefabs with SCS Blender Tools (you should be able to look this up).

I am just warning you that this is not an easy and likely frustrating task. There are not many modders in the community that have the skillset to comfortably model new prefabs but if you are up for the challenge then go for it by all means
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

kjhedges

24 Jun 2021 10:51

Thank you for the update. I shall read up on SCS Blender Tools.

Always like a challenge, and have been in computers long enough to know frustration.

Cheers
Last edited by bmwGTR on 24 Jun 2021 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information