Which the future of the maps's mods?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Theosz

26 Sep 2013 18:48

I think already exists great maps' mods to ETS2, but how can I'll use them(and independents) maps in the future?

If I use [Map v8.5 by TSM_TEAM] cannot use [Map v4.02 by ProMods]?

If I use [Map v4.2.3 by ProMods] cannot use [Map v6.0 by Goba]?(when/if compatible with 1.5.2 :-) )

If someone decide build extensions map details to Holland, can be compatible or can be joined to the Promods Team ? - to avoid losing work.

If other gamer is building extensions(nearly finished) to UK how to link to these Maps?
which city will be deleted? from who? just join :-)

How these maps can expand? which will be next city? The liimit?

Is Not a good idea/fun to have to create a profile to use TSM maps, another profile to use to Promods, another to Goba' map... and other to independent jobs details(maybe no one do that to the independents jobs, maybe the begginers ETS2 players)

Which is the best name to [Euro Truck Simulator] if has cities from Africa(mods)?

which is the best name to [Americas Truck Simulator] if has cities from Asia(mods)?

which is the best name to [Asia Truck Simulator] if has cities from Americas(mods)?

Work and time may be lost.

Maybe Euro Truck Simulator has only cities from Europe(East and West)

In future, maybe "World Truck Simulator" 'll be the best name from SCS Soft's game. So the players can play/make maps wherever they want. SCS can build the cores/nuclei to each continent(quickly) or lets the map's mods where are.

back.

I really wish/see the union of these maps(someone is doing a great job to UK) under the risk of losing the strength / time / work in favor of another.(90% use x and 10% use y mod)

Unity is strength

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

26 Sep 2013 18:57

Connecting mods and especially map mods has always been something that was nearly impossible if we look back to GTS, ETS etc.

Now it's possible to combine map mods etc which is already a leap forward.
Unity is strength
True but depends on what. ProMods has expanded over the last months moving from 2 to 5 developers. Future ideas will add at least 150% of SCS standard map roads. In my eyes TSM is a big map but you can notice the hurry they had with all their sloppy details. So combining mods will always be hard. That's why we expanded our team and try to make one mod pack (ProMods) with very detailed scenery, realistic roads etc for the fun of the players.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Theosz

28 Sep 2013 23:23

Promods map is a great/amazing no doubt, I would say essential.

I think the notion that many players have is that if a map does not overwrite another it would be possible to use both.

To me, my major motivation of using ETS2 from a certain point became mods, mainly maps, because the maps of the same SCS bridges, the same deviations/outputs, holes, hotels, and a limited number of companies layout - (same entrance, same colors, so many trees) makes it very annoying/boring.

What is new is expected... required.

I have only a small idea of ​​how laborious and difficult is to build a map but keep it to be worse, make it dynamic (another accident, a new barrier, a new diversion, a new road (dirt and then paved). but after finished is awesome... "the details".

I just saw a few videos of the Goba's map. I bought a ET in 2013 (never played before) and since my version is 1.5.2 ETS + Steam DLC I didn't a downloaded of this map because the probability of not working is big. I have to wait for the update. I'm not able to get in(register/pay) download servers my country.

ScuL
Founder

29 Sep 2013 12:27

There are a lot of other map mods that are of extremely poor quality. I wouldn't like anybody to merge our stuff with anything that would degrade it
In the long run our map will cover all of Europe so there would not be any need to combine it with another mod.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

30 Sep 2013 22:52

My "solution" is to simply have several Profiles on which I can run the "incompatible maps" if there is something of great interest, or just for the sake of variety. That way, I can have the best of all worlds, just not all at the same time. That seems reasonable to me! :)
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information