ProMods High Quality Background Maps

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

17 Jun 2021 13:48

If that is happening your load order must be incorrect, you should check it against a known working load order like this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17Wx0oi ... fWtOJ/view
You do not need all the mods on that list, but ensure the ones you do have are up to date and in the correct order.
Developer for Iceland Image
#3 forum spammer with a username beginning 'O'
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

Rafaelkai

05 Jul 2021 11:58

Caribbean map is a little bit dislocated in the North American background, are there any plans to position it correctly?

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2021 18:36

Yes when I have time I will issue an update for alignements with Carribean map, Mexico, and ProMods Canada.
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

Vinnie Terranova

13 Jul 2021 20:47

@OfficialDOWL about UK, Ireland and Iceland being shifted and not being positioned correctly on the background map: there is a simple solution for that. Especially for the High Quality Afroeurasia Background Map a solution is necessary, as this Afroeurasia background is likely to be used with the really big global map combos. If there wouldn't be a solution for this shift-problem then people would abandon the Afroeurasia Background and they would look for an other background mod where the UK, Ireland and Iceland are positioned correctly.

About the problem you can read here. The solution can be found here and is very easy to implement:

1) Within the file "High_Quality_Afroeurasia_Background_Map_v1.0.scs" create a folder 'map'
2) Open the original file "promods-map-v255.scs"
3) Copy the file "\map\europe.mbd"
4) Paste that file into the new 'map' folder which you just have created in step 1)
5) That's all.

I've just tested it, and it works. The UK, Ireland and Iceland are positioned correctly with my Global Map Combo. One issue: the Greenland addon for ProMods is not positioned correctly anymore. But as the Greenland mod covers a very tiny area it hurts less than a incorrectly positioned UK, Ireland and Iceland.

I hope you will put this solution in future updates of your background mods.

alexhob123

13 Jul 2021 22:33

how do i edit the file it is a steam workshop mod can i download the map as a normal file instead of steam workshop

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

13 Jul 2021 22:37

Vinnie Terranova wrote:
13 Jul 2021 20:47
[...]
An excellent idea to ensure that the correct scaling is always used, even when using load orders which would otherwise overwrite it. I'll update the mods now.

@alexhob123 You can find all your Steam Workshop mods here: \Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\227300

Recap: The Afroeurasia BG on Trucky mods has a version with this fix included (1.0-SF). All other map BGs have not been updated. To ensure the scale hack is disabled when using ProMods, load this above all map mods.
Note that when the Afroeurasia BG is updated again (to 1.1), the trucky version will be the same as the Workshop version, so once that happens you will need to use this fix with that version as well.
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

hiland400
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2021 00:33

Have you updated the extended version too? It still has that map bug where Norwich is stretched like hell and UK and Ireland being in a wrong place.

Edit) Nevermind, it was a problem on my side

krong2013

27 Aug 2021 16:05

I wrote you in STEAM that the game crashes periodically (not always) when I open the world map, with the ProMods High Quality Afroeurasia Background Map mod, I also use the file CRASHFIX_HUGE_COMBOS.scs , but with him the game also crashes.

Game log: https://justpaste.it/6yx88

OfficialDOWL
Developer
Donation rank:

27 Aug 2021 22:49

Does it crash if you try loading only ProMods + Afroeurasia Background Map? The game log shows a 'cryptic' crash after a lot of errors related to various map assets so it may be that another map mod is casuing an issue.
ATS Background Map
ETS2 Background Maps

Shiriru94
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2021 19:27

Feedback about the projection in Korea (Road to Asia 1.1)
Schweizer truckt durch Eurasien :D

My Mod Combo (ETS2)

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information