Balkans Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Vøytek
Developer

24 Mar 2021 21:53

Indeed, you weren't "attacked" by anybody from the team, just a regular user.

I understand his comment was a bit harsh, but also keep in mind how many people in the past years. since our mod released, were impatient to get new content. That's why repeating the same answer over and over again starts to be annoying to those who write it many times. You post wasn't demanding and I'm not trying to explain Wrona 628's behaviour - just remember there's also the language barrier and every one of us has different feelings after reading something in English ;)

I'll just add, that in some way he's right - the more of you will try mapping, the better for the community and maybe our mod, if you join us one day. We all started for similar reasons - our city or even country was ugly in the base game, or not present at all. So we tried to add missing area ourselves. That's a nice motivation to start! Not everybody has the talent nor time for modding, but maybe one of you will succeed? :)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Wrona 628

25 Mar 2021 00:03

jakers038 wrote:
24 Mar 2021 19:03
I really don't understand the point of this kind of childish toxicity, especially since I asked very nicely and to be even more exact, I didn't even ask, but comment how I wish (not demand) that eventually things go back to how they were. There are much more cultured and respectable ways to say what you said, such as "at the moment no one is unfortunately doing Greece because the team's resources are limited and there's not really much to show on the blog, but hopefully we'll have something in the next few months" or something like that, instead of "dOn'T WhiNe, do it urself!1".

Such way of communicating with users is equally toxic and bad as users who start flame wars over sensitive topics and over release dates.

Also, yes, it's technically free, but donations, of which there are many considering that this is the single most successful ETS2 mod, are also a form of financial support, Blender is a project that works on donations and I don't see their devs attacking people to stop whining and to code their program on their own .

End of OT
I have no idea, my friend, what was so toxic and childish in my reply to your post.
I am entitled to argue that your entry was just a whining apparently due to a lack of clue about how modding and mapping work.
I am a very direct person and I do not like to beat around the bush, which is why my statements sometimes sound unpleasant and rude to some people. What can I do? It was not my intention to upset you.
But on the other hand, statements like yours can be very irritating, whether for devs or other more understanding users, because you have to explain the same obvious things for the hundredth time ...

Have a good day ;)
Have a nice day and tasty coffee in the morning
Życzę miłego dnia i smacznej kawusi z rana
;)

ProMods Translator
TerraMaps Translator

miknick_20
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2021 12:21

Hello everybody! I have question. Have you got plans in central Bosna, western Serbia Montenegro and Albania? There is big hole :// i know there is problem with developers in this part of map. But i think that this is the biggest hole in PM map. I am not map maker but i offer my help in Balkan development. Ex yugo countries are very intresting. Lot of mountains , amazing vievs etc. By filling this hole, this region of the map could become your advertisement. Ofc another regions are also priority like iceland (iceland in my opinion should be your advert haha the best). Everything is amazing, a lot of awazing vievs + expansion in middle east in 2.52. Wonderfull! But maybe in future update it's good idea to focus on balkans (it could be easier because iberia materials will be available)

I have free time and a lot of willingness to do sth in this area, just tell me what i can do :D

P.S Great work in 2.52 :) i enjoy
cheers,
🚛 ETS2 player (EuropeanVoyager) 🇷🇸 🇵🇱

Visit my ETS channel ---> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNnBq ... wJp_Y2ILUA

Sode Aliartos GR

06 Apr 2021 10:21

Hi again,
As I see there will be no progress in Balkans at least these months because there are no developers. Of course I understand that and I don’t demand from anyone to work if they doesn’t want to, especially when I know nothing about map editing. Also I saw that there was a little rework on Egnatia Road (tolls, electronic signs, SOS phone signs) which I don’t know if has done now or on 2.50 or 2.51 update but it makes the map more real. But now I would like to say something about the tolls in Egnatia Road. From September 2020 tolls on A2 (Egnatia Road), A1 section between Thessaloniki and Evzoni and A25 (Thessaloniki-Serres-Promachonas) have e-pass system as a payment method. Actually, most of other Greek highways already have e-pass system for at least 5 years. So having this system in Promods tolls would make the pass from tolls a bit faster and also more realistic. I know there are not developers so I will let this to be known if sometime in future there will be developers. I will upload photos from the tolls after this system got activated so to know how tolls are now. Photos from September 2020 show how tolls where at first days after the e-pass system activated and newer photos are how tolls are now. Also I have made an image with 3 Greek tolls on Promods to show you how I would make the tolls (signs so driver knows where is the e-pass lane).
Attachments
Greek Egnatia tolls with epass 1.png
Greek Egnatia tolls with epass 1.png (1.65 MiB) Viewed 2902 times
Promods Greek tolls with e-pass signs small.png
Promods Greek tolls with e-pass signs small.png (1.79 MiB) Viewed 2902 times

miknick_20
Donation rank:

07 Apr 2021 13:09

Hello Everybody. Today I have prepared short material about hidden roads in Bosnia& Montenegro (in PM 2.52)
Perhaps these are future plans for the Balkan region of our lovely Promods map :D

Visit my ETS channel ---> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNnBq ... wJp_Y2ILUA

miknick_20
Donation rank:

12 May 2021 13:00

Hello one question. Balkan area is temporary dead?

bmwGTR

12 May 2021 14:48

Hi,

unfortunately currently no one is developing in Balkan area.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

MiniMe943

12 May 2021 15:58

A little disappointed to hear that the Balkans are on hiatus, but also not too worried about it.

I have a hunch that the next SCS map expansion after Heart of Russia will focus on the Balkans. Something like Road to the Aegean Sea that stretches all the way down to the Peloponnese in Greece would be great to see.

Vcotic1
Donation rank:

03 Jul 2021 17:53

I was working on one part of Croatia near Rijeka and Krk island quit long time ago.
Maybe I should finish and publish.

Gorgvox

30 Jul 2021 22:04

If you need help in the Balkan area, I would be happy to help in any way that I can.
My stats in ets2:
Current truck: Volvo FH Globetrotter 2012 460hp and MAN TGA XXL 2006 D20 Common Rail 18.440
Company name :Tomic Komerc
Future Truck Driver :D

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information