Development on version 1.x (Italy edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
volan123
Donation rank:

21 Sep 2014 14:37

Any more progress with the map?
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

21 Sep 2014 16:14

Not really. We are just finishing things on this part of the map.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

volan123
Donation rank:

21 Sep 2014 16:47

MandelSoft wrote:Not really. We are just finishing things on this part of the map.
Are some of the cities planning to be released in Promods 1.8? ;)
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Superdavecan

20 Oct 2014 18:59

Hi guys, the Italian thread has been inactive for a month... so I'm just wondering if there's anything new to report. Italy is a country that is in desperate need of expansion in the game... I really hope that soon there will be more than just the four northern SCS cities.

With that in mind, I also wanted to revisit my serious recommendations for Italy. Although the ProMods team will make it how they want to make it, I really think these should be taken seriously:
Superdavecan wrote:
I just had a look at Purno's progress map (the one he has a link to in his signature), while I was writing a post about the UK. And of course I saw the Italian part of it... and I have some questions. Is this the official version of what ProMods has decided to do? Because if it is, I've got a few recommendations:

- Is it really necessary to build Vicenza or Belluno? I don't see either one as necessary... Trieste makes more sense, and even Udine could be a possibility. A gap between Verona and Venice (like there is now) is fine. (Vicenza could be a scenery city though)
- Do we really need all four of Parma, Modena, Bologna and Ferrara? They are all quite close together so it would seem more reasonable to just build Bologna and Parma (or maybe even Bologna only). (The ones not built could be scenery cities though)
- I would suggest not to do Rimini, and instead create the small country of San Marino (only about 10 km away). (Rimini could still be a scenery city)
- Although the placement of L'Aquila makes sense, I'm not sure it's really significant enough and would support Foggia instead. It's not too close to Bari.
- Perhaps Catanzaro could be a possibility, since there is a very long gap between Reggio Calabria and Naples
- I wouldn't build Reggio Calabria as a city, since it's right across from Messina... instead I would suggest building only the ferry terminal of Villa San Giovanni. Keep Messina though.
- On the island of Sicily though, you've missed Palermo and Catania, which are the two largest and indisputably the two most important cities on Sicily. There's no reasonable justification for skipping them.

intothewest74

20 Oct 2014 23:42

Little question... Will the Venice area from the recent update be improved here. I was very disappointed when I first drove through there. I don't think I ever saw the Mediterranean. Not to mention the lack of continuity, while you're going towards Venice it says XXXX and nothing's there, then all of a sudden there are things that way. Thank goodness for ProMods, I hate to say it but SCS's quality is suffering of late.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

21 Oct 2014 01:32

SCS didn't make Venice, Klagenfurt and Graz. They were made by an outside company.

The issue is that Venice just doesn't do trucks. They're not a thing there. AFAIK, stuff is delivered to depots in Mestre (The town labelled as 'Venice' in ETS2) then moved to Venice in small batches by van or boat.

Most of the stuff around Tronchetto and Santa Croce, the only two districts with good car access, seem to be related to passenger ferries and cruise ships.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2014 05:08

Where did you get that info? AFAIK SCS did make those cities..
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

21 Oct 2014 07:37

Graz, Klagenfurt and Venice were made by a team of Polish mappers hired by SCS. This is not done by their main mapping team (but they may have looked over their shoulders).

Also, don't expect to drive around the old town of Venice; I think even in real life, that area is far from suitable for trucks :lol:
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Ranchester
Donation rank:

21 Oct 2014 08:37

I think Graz, Klagenfurt and Venice has some great sceneries. Definetly an upgrade compared to the original SCS cities. I think that SCS's mapping work is underrated. They have some great sceneries and cities (Going East was great). They have the skills to utilize the small scale great at times. Germany is the only boring part in vanilla map (thankfully ProMods team is working there). Concerning ProMods, biggest improvement is needed in Norway. That feels nothing like real Norway. The scenery there is bland. Althought that may be fixed by SCS itself in the upcoming DLC.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

21 Oct 2014 10:20

Volleybal4life wrote:Where did you get that info? AFAIK SCS did make those cities..
For moving goods to Venice, it's the only way to do it that makes much sense.

Out of the whole city, roughly only the highlighted area is accessible by car:

The rest is Pedestrian/Boat-only.

As for SCS not making that area, they said so in one of their blog posts. This one. I would link Heavy Load Studio's website, but it's just a landing page.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information