Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
LudoDiabolo
Donation rank:

04 Oct 2021 10:50

tantalus wrote:
03 Oct 2021 20:07
LudoModding wrote:
24 Sep 2021 17:23
Hello everyone,

In view of the SCS announcement and today's blog, I assume that this addition will have an impact on your development.

Can't wait to see what you come up with and your plans ;) .
You talking about the extra TWO lousy roads SCS is going to add in the whole dlc? lol.
I dont think that is going to impact in any way. Its taking time because these things require TIME.
And time is a luxury that you dont have in the moment you have an actual real life.
It has nothing to do with the SCS announcement.
I think you should read between the lines, in any case, I made the remark that I was looking forward to the release of promods Iberia...

I just asked the question of how Promods will work the DLC with this new announcement and addition from SCS...

this is just a question and nothing more as I play very little ETS2 to begin with, and even less in this part of Europe lol.
ETS2 1.48 : Promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS
ATS 1.48 : Promods Canada

Shiva

04 Oct 2021 15:19

My opinion on 2 more roads by SCS to DLC Iberia: Sweet!
Iberia DLC has nice possibilites for more roads, without a need to add more interchanges nor intersections to the game.
The DLC is worth the money, for all the roads currently in. Actually, it is too cheap!

When looking at the map editor, then these new roads by SCS should not disturb ProMods work.
Unless ProMods redoes the AP-68/A-2 interchange, at Zaragoza.
Any work on Pamplona should not affect either.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Truckingfun9810
Donation rank:

04 Oct 2021 16:20

I know it might not be appropriate to discuss SCS dlcs in this topic. But without doubt the Iberia dlc is worth the penny. Even though there are areas that are done not so good (such as Madrid), a bunch of cities are done in high quality (Barcelona, Almeria, Malaga, Porto, Algeciras etc).

amidevous

05 Oct 2021 07:05

liano wrote:
04 Oct 2021 05:14
amidevous wrote:
03 Oct 2021 18:45
it is for when the return of andora its months that we await thank you for giving at least an estimated release date

it is for when the return of andora its months that we await thank you for giving at least an estimated release date

the andore map and the most important of all you make other maps while you should all work and concentrate on andora so that if it is delivered as quickly as possible the other maps can wait for the priority it is andora in iberia
Some Promods' policies are: It's ready when is ready wich means no estimated release date, 'cause every modder has a life and this is free work so if the team would give a date, people would complain why in the given date the "work" isn't done; and every modder works where they want to, because modding isn't "let's join together and do Andorra" when there are other parts that promods members are more interested to do and another aspect is the community is diverse wich leads to some people asking for Andorra, others for Turkey, others for Scandinavia, others for Ukaraine, Balkans, more Greece and other places.
except that we pay more expensive at least for me the access has promod that the whole game

the full games I pay 30 € with all the dlc including iberia because when I buy the game there was a presale of iberia included

except for promod alone I have already paid more than 35 € in all each time that has a false payback

So the least of things at this price is to provide a release date and make sure that it is as quickly as possible in addition the maps are already made have no request that it be redone from 0 just that it is adapt to be integrated into iberia so yes there was perpignan la jonquera etc but all can wait for andora and really more important than it is maps la

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

05 Oct 2021 07:32

@amidevous As said many times now, new content gets released when it is ready and demanding the content wont release it faster.
Our developers are free to work where they want. If our work is going too slow for you then go in the map editor and work on it yourself or downgrade back to 2.52 to get Andorra back.
except for promod alone I have already paid more than 35 € in all each time that has a false payback

So the least of things at this price is to provide a release date and make sure that it is as quickly as possible in addition the maps are already made have no request that it be redone from 0 just that it is adapt to be integrated into iberia so yes there was perpignan la jonquera etc but all can wait for andora and really more important than it is maps la
That doesn't make any sense, ProMods is a free mod. The paid download is optional and only costs 1€ not 35€.
New DLC requirements never happen right after the DLC release, so you can still wait for a sale and buy the DLC later.
I've already banned you for a month because you spammed the whole forum with these questions and it seems like you haven't learned anything from it. So let this be my final warning, if you continue demanding new content then you're out for good!
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

tantalus

06 Oct 2021 01:02

Shiva wrote:
04 Oct 2021 15:19
The DLC is worth the money, for all the roads currently in. Actually, it is too cheap!
At least some of you can even make jokes about it lol. The iberia DLC is the WORST by far of all dlcs SCS released so far. All the roads currently in? dude, there are only main highways, most of them boring as hell, not a single secondary road.
And many cities, including Madrid that is the CAPITAL city, of Spain are completely forgotten... you also dont have more than one or two coastal cities, and Spain is plagued with them...
And many delivery spots are completely messed up and are too small for heavy cargoes.
And. . . . i could go on.

So no, it is not worthy, specially for the price it is selling.
I know some of you will say you like it because well, it has roads to drive in. Period. Not because its Spain/Portugal.
And thats sad, really sad.

But since we need to have it, because of the good things (promods) we do.
And then they "dare" to say that they are ONLY adding two secondary roads in the whole DLC... ow, amazing ah? lol.
And thats it, because dont expect SCS to keep adding roads after these two (they never did it in the past they always move on).

Now, jokes apart Iberia could have been the best DLC so far but SCS has been very lazy since a few years back.

And my friend, these reasons and more are the reason we have Promods. Because SCS Dlcs are pretty bad specially as of late.

I just cant drive through Iberia, period. I live in Spain and i just dont recognize almost anything in the DLC. And i travel a lot. A LOT.
Its embarrasing. Madrid? i live in Madrid and they did absolutely nothing with that city, not even a frikkin cool view of the city from the outskirts
(one of the most iconic and characteristic things about Madrid surroundings).

Conclusion: Say, i like the DLC (for reasons i cant understand, well, if you dont live in Spain for start i get it), but dont say its a good DLC. That will only make you look dumb, and
anyone who says its a good dlc lol. The classic argument "they did a good job on some cities" is not valid. Of course they did, i mean, there are many cities, they had almost two years since
they announced the dlc, lol, they need to work "hard" in some of them, otherwise the dlc will be just empty and of course waaay cheaper that the insane price they are selling it.

I love promods because we can see things like Andorra and have proper maps with interesting roads and beautiful and (hopefully) accurate scenario.

KekoZeskende

06 Oct 2021 06:15

Iberia is really basd dlc, is the worst- Just highways,boring.
Stand with
Ukraine !

JoseAlberto

07 Oct 2021 11:23

Deleted.
Last edited by JoseAlberto on 14 Oct 2021 23:25, edited 1 time in total.

Frate
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2021 12:22

This is supposed to be a Iberia development thread, but let me add one more thing to the discussion.

A lot of you do not seem to understand that ETS2 is not a sightseeing simulator. It is supposed to be a representation of the Spanish and Portugese industry and road system.
I wrote a review about it, check it out if you want to:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/frate27/r ... d/1209460/

Let me add a few more things:
The iberia DLC is the WORST by far of all dlcs SCS released so far
I guess you haven´t driven in Poland and Hungary yet
And then they "dare" to say that they are ONLY adding two secondary roads
If there is a possibility to use the Motorway, why should a Trucker use secondary roads?
Spain has the biggest Motorways-Network in Europe, of course they will be a lot of Motorways.
Even in that regard, they anounced to add some more secondary roads:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 8821645845
Because SCS Dlcs are pretty bad specially as of late.
You can always critize things and that´s normal but especially rttbs was the best DLC they have done so far and I am saying that as someone who drives through those regions every year, they really managed to catch the atmosphere of those countries.
Last edited by Frate on 07 Oct 2021 12:40, edited 2 times in total.

Truckingfun9810
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2021 12:29

Well, it would be really nice to see an improvement to Madrid by Promods as I consider it is the most badly done big city in the dlc. Of course, this would take a lot of time and it depends on the Promods developers whether to do so or not :)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information