New Update

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
The King D 42

08 Dec 2021 18:37

I only got pro-mods for ETS2 a few days ago, and now a new update is telling me they are incompatible already?

Any help on this?

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2021 19:09

ProMods 2.57 is for ETS2 v1.42. The game has now updated to v1.43 and we will release an update soon.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

GicuBond

08 Dec 2021 20:47

Out of curiosity: what is the reason that Promods require an update after each game update while other map modes don't? RusMap for example is compatible since 1.41

ScuL
Founder

08 Dec 2021 23:17

ProMods is a very complex mod and when the game engine changes certain settings our versions must be updated to match the new configurations. This is the main reason why lock versions, combined with the fact that most users would totally panic in case things start malfunctioning because they are using incompatible mod versions in combination with certain game versions.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

GicuBond

09 Dec 2021 13:23

First I'd like to say a BIG thank you to the whole team of modders for their tremendous work and dedication. It's a great mod and I can't imagine playing without it.

Second I'd like to say that I have no idea of how the mods are assembled so please don't be offended by my next question: Would it make sense to split ProMods into more smaller parts to make it easier to update when the game engine gets updated? I know it is already split into maps and models, etc. , but maybe even those parts could be split, in order to make the update easier. Also it would be easier for us users to update, since we don't have to download everything from scratch.

ScuL
Founder

10 Dec 2021 02:29

No because it would inevitably lead to users combining the wrong packages which will lead to problems. We are also keeping everything locked to one version and one set of archives to keep things easy and consistent. Troubleshooting and bug reports are already a headache, we can do without having more :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

JerryBlack

10 Dec 2021 15:23

what will be the next update version?2.58 or 2.60

KekoZeskende

10 Dec 2021 18:03

Last edited by bmwGTR on 11 Dec 2021 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, do not quote the post above yours
Stand with
Ukraine !

JerryBlack

11 Dec 2021 01:52

Got it,thank u
Last edited by bmwGTR on 11 Dec 2021 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, do not quote the post above yours

cliff60
Donation rank:

13 Dec 2021 17:21

everytime SCS does a major update it breaks most mods not just promods. so all u can do is wait till the mod makers do an update so they work with the current version of ETS 2 or ATS. for some mods its just a case of changing the version number which takes a few secs. but for others it can take weeks as a lot more work has to be done.

As promods is a big mod even adding new DLC by SCS can break promods. IE Iberia broke promods cause they already had iberia in it so had to remove that part from their map while they rework it. Plus a lot of revamping going on in the base game of older parts of the map which might cause promods to break as well.
So best option for promods is not let SCS update ur game till promods does their update for compatabilty. if it does update then go into settings/ beta and revert back to the older version.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information