Development on version 1.x (Project Euromir)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

24 Oct 2014 19:17

Pretty much. Getting everything up to our standard just takes time. And technical issues and RL business are not making this any faster.

Besides, we have multiple projects in development now. The reason for that is a practical one:if someone works in one area, it's very tricky to let another person step in development of that same area. This cannot be processed in a parallel way. So that's why we work on multiple projects, so we don't get in each other's way and accidentally overwrite someone else's work.

This is one of the difficulties you have as map modders working in a team. The ProMods work and release process is like pregnancy: you can get one baby from one woman in nine months, but you can't get one baby in one month by putting nine women on the job. Most likely, you would get nine babies in nine months. These things really take time, especially if you want the results to be proper.

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

DavidJurjev
Donation rank:

24 Oct 2014 22:25

Really good work! But make sure you check the Ülemiste intersection (side of Tallinn) because it did go over massive renovation over the last 1-2 years.
(Keep in mind that I'm not demanding, I'm suggesting and giving a bit of feedback of what I think.)

And I'm quite happy you're including my new hometown Jõhvi :D
~stenh006

Hadi588

09 Nov 2014 17:24

Nico

U r really doing superb job..Through your progress pictures v can feel that Baltic will be different from Scandinavian region and central Europe..

But can u use different types of trees and bushes unlike scs map's vegetation which seems boring??

Because some of stand alone mappers has successfully used different type of trees which are common in Europe especially there so many eucliptics trees..It will give a very different view of Baltic..

martinusK

09 Nov 2014 23:39

Hadi588 wrote:Nico

U r really doing superb job..Through your progress pictures v can feel that Baltic will be different from Scandinavian region and central Europe..

But can u use different types of trees and bushes unlike scs map's vegetation which seems boring??

Because some of stand alone mappers has successfully used different type of trees which are common in Europe especially there so many eucliptics trees..It will give a very different view of Baltic..
The Baltics (or Estonia atleast) doesn't have really any different vegetation then Scandinavia or even western Europe...only notable thing is that there are many pine trees (i believe that is what männipuu is in English, correct me if im wrong).
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Hadi588

10 Nov 2014 15:14

oh gr8 then..but some variety in vegetation gives a complete new look to a specific area generally acountry..

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2014 15:27

Estonia, Latvia and Belarus as well as Russia have huge pine forests, Sweden too
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

martinusK

10 Nov 2014 19:48

Hadi588 wrote:oh gr8 then..but some variety in vegetation gives a complete new look to a specific area generally acountry..
The only way to give Estonia a completely new look is to put alot of forest beside the trees - 50% of Estonia's mainland is covered with forest. (This also applies to Latvia)
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

jermboy27

11 Nov 2014 16:34

Aren't there any pictures of any progress of Belarus?

martinusK

11 Nov 2014 16:46

jermboy27 wrote:Aren't there any pictures of any progress of Belarus?
As far as i know ProMods isn't planned in Project Euromir or for that matter Promods at all...
Last edited by martinusK on 11 Nov 2014 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

ZelvaCZ

11 Nov 2014 16:57

Martinus Kundla wrote:
jermboy27 wrote:Aren't there any pictures of any progress of Belarus?
As far as i know ProMods ian't planned in Projext Euromir or for that matter Promods at all...
Yeah you're right.

LoaderSaints is making Belarus, but that's not an official ProMods project and the progress is slow. Mapping eats up a lot of time, especially if the map is made only by one person.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information