Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ZelvaCZ

26 Oct 2014 10:13

Reykjavík is fantastic :) but I hope that it won't crash like Stockholm or Oslo on my PC..

btw, partial release in ProMods (maybe) 1.9 would be fantastic :)

Eryman
Developer

26 Oct 2014 15:03

Great! can't wait for complete work.

The brazilian guy of ProMods

Vladzz-G
Developer

26 Oct 2014 17:41

Very beautiful work, as always. :)

I have a question about dislocation of Iceland on ETS2 map: IMO, Iceland has located on ETS2 map too close to UK. :D And in my version of ETS2 game UK seems too large (like 1:15 scale), compared with your UK on the map. :D
Can you later "move" Iceland norther on the map, if it's possible? (Vik and Hofn is about on the norvegian town Bodoe level)

I have also prepared map with comparisions. (based on mapy.cz)

Thank you and good luck. :)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

26 Oct 2014 17:45

I think that the position of Iceland is already chosen by the developers :) And I think they did took GB in consideration because GB is the only part of the map which isn't 1:19. But indeed is 1:15. That's because GB was originally from another SCS Truck Game :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

volan123
Donation rank:

26 Oct 2014 18:26

I didn't think that Reykjavik looked so great! Keep up the good work! Your mapping skills have really improved since you first joined the team! Nice one :D
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Slatkus
Donation rank:

27 Oct 2014 09:21

After watching latest videos of roads F26 and F208 I have serious doubts I want to have Iceland in Promods.

Looks at the images of roads F26 and F208

https://www.google.is/search?q=iceland+ ... 20&bih=943

These roads are real ofroads and the only trucks you will see are specially made tourist trucks. There a a lot of rivers you have to cross and there are so much asphalt as you can see in the moon. Sorry but this makes absolutelly no logic why these roads should be in truck simulator game.

Promods was always known as realistic map modders. This is far far from reality... :(

Sorry to sound harsh but I had to write this as I see Purno is drifting further and further away from realistic map (first snow, now F26 and F208).

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

27 Oct 2014 09:35

Purno wrote: Image
Isn't that way too close the UK? Iceland is not that close to the UK.
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

27 Oct 2014 09:40

Chris94_NOR wrote:
Purno wrote: (mapscreenshot)
Isn't that way too close the UK? Iceland is not that close to the UK.
GB is build in another scale then the rest of Europe is (1:15 instead of 1:19) Therefor the map already isn't as it should be.
And when you put Iceland in the correct place of the map, the in-game map will have a lot of useless sea.... And thus a lot of useless scrolling around the map :P
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

27 Oct 2014 10:29

Besides, if you look closely at the current map, the UK background image is off: look at the locations of the cities in the UK, Aberdeen is in the middle of the Northern see and Liverpool is far from the coast! Things may not look as they seem...
Slatkus wrote:After watching latest videos of roads F26 and F208 I have serious doubts I want to have Iceland in Promods.

Looks at the images of roads F26 and F208

These roads are real ofroads and the only trucks you will see are specially made tourist trucks. There a a lot of rivers you have to cross and there are so much asphalt as you can see in the moon. Sorry but this makes absolutelly no logic why these roads should be in truck simulator game.

Promods was always known as realistic map modders. This is far far from reality... :(

Sorry to sound harsh but I had to write this as I see Purno is drifting further and further away from realistic map (first snow, now F26 and F208).
People complain that there are too many motorways in ETS2, so we build something different in Iceland and that's no good either? What is it that you do want then?

Besides,Purno wanted to include some interesting and unique landscapes for Iceland. That he's taking some artistic liberties with it is not much of a problem; everywhere on the map, artistic liberties have been taken. Purno is doing a great job on Iceland, especially considering this is his first mapping project ever. He's using creative solutions to create some part of Iceland more or less to the real thing.

The game has its limits. For instance, real single lane roads with traffic cannot be achieved yet (this is also a problem in Norway). We try to do our best to create a good map within these limits. It's not rare that we have to make compromises...

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

27 Oct 2014 11:17

The images of the F208, at least, look similar to the road Purno has built. I'd say that's pretty impressive given the lack of models and objects for Iceland. Euro Truck Simulator 2 never had anything even remotely like Iceland, remember, in it's original map. Purno chose this project because it's unique, and unique is something hard to replicate in ETS2 with what he can work with. I'd say he's done remarkably well so far.
Slatkus wrote:Sorry to sound harsh but I had to write this as I see Purno is drifting further and further away from realistic map (first snow, now F26 and F208).
So there's no snow in Iceland? If you're referring to the texture, that's the best you will get. Again, ETS2 has only this snow texture as standard. Purno said in earlier posts he's trying to be as realistic as possible with the spread of snow, thinning out in places to become like the dirt roads you see above.

Bottom line is, Iceland is so far away from anywhere else in the map that if you don't like it, you needn't go there.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information