France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
KekoZeskende

12 Jan 2022 12:14

I have already started to work on the Narbonne, Perpignan(+Port Vendres) rebuild
Thnx you xxsamdu93xx, great news.
Stand with
Ukraine !

taurus31

12 Jan 2022 15:09

xxsamdu93xx : Paris region will be stunning :o :o

About Narbonne / Perpignan rebuild, how do you plan to put them since the update of Iberia ? There is such a small space between "péage le Boulou" and the A9/A61 interchange.

Furthermore, are there plans about N116-N20 to reach Andorra from Perpignan, by the tunnel already visible in PM 2.60 ?

xxsamdu972xx
Developer

12 Jan 2022 16:36

I will try to clarify the plan, if I have to explain something wrong tell me and I will try to make it more understandable
  • I will use the work that has already been done on Perpignan and Narbonne as a working base (You can see the video of kutchek when the area was developed), it will be faster to rebuild the areas because the scs work in this area is just decorative landscapes.
  • The only big merger will be to move the SCS version of La Jonquera a few hundred meters so that it fits perfectly with the old routes of the A9 motorway (fr)
  • For what it is about the reskin of the A9, I will try to import as much as possible the landscape/monument like for example the A Piramis on the FR/ES border
    There will also the passage of the motorway in 3x2 and 3x3
  • Yes I will finally add a connection that people have been waiting for for years by the N116 / N20 roads to Andorra
  • And I also plan to add an alternative route through the enclave of Llívia that will make you happy to have a little piece of country in another country ;)
  • For the moment I haven't thought too much about Narbonne because it will be done later after having completed Perpignan and the connection to Andorra
  • And to end this project in beauty, Port-Vendres will be the last city rebuilt for this project because I love this city a lot so I keep the best for the end. :D
Junior Tester since ProMods 2.46
Developer since ProMods 2.51

Image Working somewhere in france

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2022 17:05

Can we also expect the A1 Paris - Lille (and of course the A2 branch towards Brussels) yet this year? Because of everything that has to do with Paris, this road is what I miss the most, as you still have to make a strange detour when heading to Paris from the Benelux.

taurus31

12 Jan 2022 17:26

xxsamdu93xx : Woah ! Big thank you for your explainations, it is perfectly clear :)

Indeed, Kutchek's work was very accurate in this area so I understand your plan. Maybe it could be possible to do the same with Toulouse, as the Scs version is...crap..

Nice to read that you want to "update" all of these area, like you did for Foix and N20 (such a amazing job btw).

xxsamdu972xx
Developer

12 Jan 2022 19:44

I don't think there will be any big updates around Paris, I could try to extend the A1 / A2 motorway up to the A29 which will also be rebuilt (between Amien and St. Quentin). Of course there will always be a detour, but you will do a little more road on the A1 / A2 :P
All this will depend on the work that will take me for Narbonne and Perpignan and if scs publishes several successive updates like this end of the year

I had already discussed the idea internally with ScuL a few months ago, the only problem is that the last version of Toulouse PM dates from December 12, 2016, it's the version 2.12 of the mod it will take a lot of time to make some older models compatible with current versions of the game, if we can re-use the old Toulouse I will try to do the same for Toulouse Kutcheck to use it as a working basis and to rework everything on top ;)
Junior Tester since ProMods 2.46
Developer since ProMods 2.51

Image Working somewhere in france

alnour_212

13 Jan 2022 18:20

EN : Hi xxsamdu93xx, what are the priorities for you after Perpignan, and Paris? Is it a priority for reskin Strasbourg and add Nancy?

FR : Salut , d'après toi quelles sont les priorités pour vous après Perpignan, and Paris ? Est-ce une priorité de reskin Strasbourg et ajouter Nancy ?

Niits
Donation rank:

14 Jan 2022 12:02

I really like the idea of repurposing and updating the work of Kutchek. It was brilliant back then, but it's true it's a bit outdated, but the road layout and detailing was so great, especially in western France. France got really butchered by SCS, and I'm glad we're seeing improvements thanks to you xxsamdu93xx. Keep up the good work and I would love to help, if only I had the skills to do so ahah!

LudoDiabolo
Donation rank:

14 Jan 2022 13:22

EN : The same for me, it's really nice to see promods loving our good old France again, the idea of taking over Kutchek's work and indeed a very good choice in terms of the road network, with your fresh eye on the decoration and your refreshment.

FR : Pareille pour moi c'est vraiment agréable de voir de nouveau promods porté de l'amour a notre bonne vieille France , l'idée de reprendre le travail de Kutchek et effectivement un très bon choix niveau réseau routier , avec votre œil nouveau sur la déco et votre rafraichissement .
ETS2 1.48 : Promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS
ATS 1.48 : Promods Canada

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

14 Jan 2022 20:36

xxsamdu93xx wrote:
12 Jan 2022 19:44
I could try to extend the A1 / A2 motorway up to the A29 which will also be rebuilt (between Amien and St. Quentin). Of course there will always be a detour, but you will do a little more road on the A1 / A2 :P
Ha ha, nice idea, but please don't if this slows down the work you're focused on right now. ;) Then it's better to build the whole autoroute later in one go, I think.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information