Freeze with black screen at BE/FR border below Valenciennes

Post here if you are having problems with ProMods in Multiplayer
sharpythegoat
Donation rank:

17 Jan 2022 23:00

Hello,

During a TMP session with a friend I noticed a sudden freeze with both my monitors going off and on, while driving from Belgium to France, below Valenciennes. The location might or might not be a coincidence, but I am including it anyway since that's where I observed this issue.

Technical details:
PC specs:
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
    GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070
    RAM: 32GB
    Please address if more specs are needed, I think these are the most relevant
Game log during the session: (game started 21:21:57 CET - estimated time of the crash 21:45 CET
I looked upon the game session to notice anything odd aroun the moment the freeze happened. I stumbled across these 2 errors:
00:23:05.550 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file '/vehicle/truck/scania_rcab_2009/lightmask.tobj' in the read_only mode.

00:23:05.550 : <ERROR> [resource_task] Can not open '/vehicle/truck/scania_rcab_2009/lightmask.tobj'
Does the location have anything to do with the freeze at all? I also heard from my companion that he had a funky tuned truck. Maybe the error refers to that? Upon TMP forums I saw a possible freeze fix concerning cabin accessories. (edit: this was already checked off)

I hope the issue has to do with that, so I can be reassured that nothing is wrong with my PC. I have done a long haul from Algeciras to Murmansk earlier that day - 5467 km of no problems at all, while also coming across other players. Never had I have this kind of issue since I got this PC. At least not with the screen going black for a mere second. The second monitor acted wonky as well (game runs on only 1 monitor).

If anything important is missing, I will get to this the next day (Tuesday)

Kind regards
sharpythegoat

Return to “Multiplayer issues ETS2”

• Information