[OBS] Finnmark Mod - Saltfjellet - Beta - Promods 2.63+64 / ETS2 1.46

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
OldAndTired

21 Jan 2022 19:11

That is a load order problem.
I've never ever had any problem with this mod (and boy, how good it is).

Finnmark Mod
PM def file
PM Map
PM Models 1
PM Models 2
PM Models 3
PM Media
PM Assets

No crash, no bugs.

Hope this helps

-OaT

SMGJohn

24 Jan 2022 18:45

Mod works fine for me, its a nice effort overall.
But frankly, I driven these roads hundreds of times, all of them from Alta to Oslo even, I could not recognise a single place in this, none of the cities has a hint of familiarity well apart from Tromsø to some degree.
The mountains are super odd and I mean as in they do not look anything like the real ones, the forests are all wrong, we do not have trees like that up here in fact the further North you get, the less large trees you see.

The bird sounds and river sounds are super loud for some reasons, when I drove in ProMods Finland, I recognised so much, even the gas station where I usually fill up before taking the left road.

Its not bad, its just hilariously unrecognisable from the real deal, not sure what magic sauce ProMods devs use to get theirs so faithful well apart from Haparanda which is wrong on so many levels LOL.
Its a fun map to drive to be honest its challenging duo to the billion turns, and yes in real life those turns are everywhere in Norway it was a nasty philosophy they had since the 50s to prevent drivers from falling asleep or driving too fast, its hard to tell what they where smoking to make these decisions.

If you like to drive in a fun place, this is definitely a map to try, but those who had hoped to relive memories of Finnmark has to probably wait for a long time.
There still some bugs here and there, tunnels that have rain falling through them and as I mentioned earlier, the sound effects are too loud and I have no other sound mods installed either.

some-thing

25 Jan 2022 12:50

Sure the mapping style of this mod differs from the mapping style of promods. That is due to - who would've thought - these maps being developed by different people.
Well then, since you have been pointing out that you "could not recognise a single place in this, none of the cities has a hint of familiarity" between Alta and Oslo, apart from Tromsø - well then let's have a look at real places between Alta and Narvik and see if it is "just hilariously unrecognisable from the real deal". Let's not just compare the cities but also nature in general and the tree types and heights in specific, so we get a nice little overview of what this mod is and what it is not. Some things have been scaled up a bit for dramatic purposes, some places have been scaled down a bit, some places are missing completely. :o :o

Some people might consider this a spoiler, so I won't embed the images here but link to the album on postimg.cc. Essentially it is a comparison of places in the mod with their IRL counterparts as seen in google streetview...
https://postimg.cc/gallery/hSmZZx7

If you could point me to the bugs, that'd help 'cause otherwise they can't be fixed.

OldAndTired

25 Jan 2022 15:01

How close this (and PM) is to real life will always be a matter of personal opinion, so it's kind of pointless to argue about imho.
These mods can never be a facsimile.

But, I do have quite the opposite impression.
I have zero problem recognizing for example Narvik, and the road to Tromsø (E6 to Nordkjosbotn, and E8 including Lavangsdalen, some-thing even got "Tromsøsvingen" somewhat recognizable).
Same goes for Finnsnes (although the 855 road from Bardufoss is more of an artistic interpretation :) ) and Honningsvåg (in PM, but that is kinda my point).

Large chunks are of course missing, and included parts have been altered.
But, that is also true for PM. Try driving from Dombås/Dovre to Oslo.

Apart from cows mooing in the center of Narvik, and a A380 parked at Tromsø Airport (nice ones by the modder :D) I think this mod actually fits very well with PM.

Peace!
-OaT

WillYes

26 Jan 2022 11:07

Excellent Map!

oystein77

27 Jan 2022 15:11

Can we get the road 86 from Finnsnes to Bardufoss please? Great map btw!! Would also appricate if you made Harstad.

OldAndTired

28 Jan 2022 16:12

I second this.
86 is the actual road between Bardufoss and Finnsnes. The intersection where you leave the E6 and goes on 855 is some kilometers north of Bardufoss at Buktamoen.

Harstad would be cool, maybe with the ferry connection from Skrollsvik on Senja?

I know, I know, we are the nagging and "entitled" users! :D

-OaT
Last edited by bmwGTR on 29 Jan 2022 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, do not quote the post above yours

Frate
Donation rank:

31 Jan 2022 21:00

I´ve driven on your map for the first time today and it is one of the Promods-addons I have seen.
Beautiful landscappes, I really like those patches of snow you added under the trees or some parts of the map have some cloud-fog, so it actually feels you are really high up.
Those sound-bits you added in are a really nice touch. Not a lot of maps do that and it was a welcome suprise.
I also got across of some of the easter eggs you addeed to your map. I wouldn´t have expected to see a fighter-jet flying over map head.

Can´t really say much about the realism of the map as I never was there myself but roads and cities look realistic and it is probably the best thing you could have done in a 1:19 scale.

Thank you for you hard work.

pavao983

03 Feb 2022 21:35

Agree, a very good work, I wish there would be a road in between Trondheim and region of Finmark through Norway. You guys could that (very talented as you are)

ruiks
Donation rank:

07 Feb 2022 00:11

I love this addon, keep up the good work!

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information