Iceland

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
tonaz
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2022 15:43

Hello dear users, hello dear moderators, first of all i would like to say that i am reposting this, because previously this post was not confirmed by a mod and was discarded.
Reason was: "talking about piracy is prohibited".
As you can read below, this is nothing related to piracy. I own ETS2 bought from Steam, and Promods is free (is it?...), so i do not understand in which way piracy come in here.
This is my problem:

Driving Promods, in Iceland, i was going for road F26 from north, the road that cut the island in the middle.
After a while of driving i found out the road was closed and there was a snowstorm O_o
Now im stuck there. There are hills of snow on the road, and the truck does not move over those.
There is the actual route on the gps, but road is closed with posts, signs and high snow, and i cannot go further.
Is this intended?

Again, if this post have something wrong, i would like to know the exact reason why it would be rejected.
Thank you.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2022 15:47

I don't exactly know what you mean. Could you be a bit more precise about the location?

Below you can find a vid made by me. In which I'm driving the whole F26, without any issues.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHuA2Q65vMs
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

tonaz
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2022 18:37

Sure, here it is:
(i think your video is not from version 2.60)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2022 21:16

My vid indeed isn't from 2.60. But it is the exact same road, and hasn't been changed in between the vid and 2.60.

But I see the issues you run into, yes.

In the first image of the road. You need to drive around the signs, like the little dirt path does. This is a little something fun added by our developer.

The second part, the fully blocked road, I actually don't know. I asked said developer. But that may be the same as before, you need to drive around it. It's made by the developer for some extra challenge (Since the F26 isn't meant for trucks)
And well, driving in the snow, does need some care, luck and skill.

Edit:
This is the answer I got from our developer:
Yes that's because in winter (North of Iceland) the highland roads are closed for the reason he is finding
You can push on if you have the right truck and are determined enough
(It's fairly easy if you're careful)

So, in short. Yes, the road is 'closed'. So yes, you can drive on it. And yes, that will be a challenge and even post impossible with some trucks or in some ways of driving.

All I can say is, good luck or turn around and drive the safety of the 'route 1'.
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

tonaz
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2022 21:36

Ok i see.
No, i do not think it is possible.
Because of this i cannot get 100% road exploration achievement.
"Winter"... what does this means? That if we are in summer the map dynamically changes with the date of my pc clock? i dont think so... Or in next spring-summer you will release a patch opening the road?
Unfair anyways.
I find it very strange that nobody is talking about this aprat from me.

Thanks for the answer and your time thou.

Have a nice day!

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

11 Feb 2022 21:39

Our developer just made it 'winter' there for the extra challenge. Seasons aren't a thing in ETS2.

Don't let your hopes fall though, driving along the F26 is very well possible, but yes, very hard. And even harder with a heavy trailer.

Good luck, and keep trying!
Weekly driving vids

No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

aflatminer

12 Feb 2022 14:20

I found that I couldn't get a load up there, so abandoned a job, but did eventually manage to get across and reach the viewpoint in the middle. In hindsight, it is probably easier to approach that stretch from the south since you'll be going downhill with the worst of the snow.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information