Developer since 2.63

AwesomeAsianLion

11 Apr 2022 22:40

very majestic feeling :)

OMNI du 31
Developer

15 Apr 2022 16:25

Greetings,

This week, I haven't been able to develop much because of some things in real life. At the beginning of this week, I had shared the WIP image of the roundabout connecting I-2 to the city centre in the ProMods Discord server and it received many positive feedbacks. I do appreciate it and thank you. Unfortunately, I am unable to share the sneak peak of that area anymore due to surrounding dense trees just like in real life. Yet, here are some sneak peaks from this weeks progress:

Some of you who are attentive will notice a mosque silhouette in the background right through the trees of the graveyard. For this reason, you might ask why there is a mosque in the middle of Bulgaria. Although that is an SCS model, the city of Shumen is the home of the biggest mosque in Bulgaria in real life: Tombul Mosque. It was built in the 18th century by Sherif Halit Pasha and today, apart from being the most important trademark of Shumen, the mosque is also acknowledged as the 2nd biggest mosque in entire Balkans and the only Ottoman structure that is completely preserved.

(For more information: Wikipedia)

Even though you will not be able to visit the place with your truck, I am certain that you will enjoy seeing a good sight that reflects the city's identity. While we are speaking of identity, the largest minority in Shumen being the Turks and for this reason, offering many Turkish groceries and companies pushes me to reflect the real life identity. Therefore, reflecting this part of the city on an acceptable level is also included in my plans. Because overall, my motto is simple:

Realism, Quality, Performance

That's all for this week, folks! See you next week :)
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

Vabis22

15 Apr 2022 17:44

My ancients from Lovech. I am from Edirne 🙃

BoberX
Donation rank:

19 Apr 2022 11:09

one question, will it be compatible with ROEX?

OMNI du 31
Developer

19 Apr 2022 21:29

@BoberX given that I am only using game assets and no map touches the sector I am working on, I can say it is very likely.
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

OMNI du 31
Developer

25 Apr 2022 19:32

Greetings,

It took longer than usual to post a new showcase pic but here it is! :D

I am glad to announce that the entire road network (including a scenery town) and sign works are complete. Now, I have started to build surroundings. I.e. - rather using vertex tool, brushes and model placement (all these are before the optimisation part, of course). To be honest, new Russian assets came with 1.44 are handier than I expected.

Bad news is that for the purpose of this project, I had to get rid of an easter egg implemented by SCS. However, in order to compensate it, I placed 4 easter eggs all over this project. I know that 4 is too much for such a small area but I have had a deep lust to place 2 of them since the day 1. Therefore, I decided to follow my heart! No worries, they will not be hard to discover. :)

Wish me luck and see you next week!

Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

Stefan E.
Developer

26 Apr 2022 21:13

Looks really good Omni. You definitely should keep up with this.
Good luck pal!

OMNI du 31
Developer

26 Apr 2022 21:37

Cheers Stefan!
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

OMNI du 31
Developer

30 Apr 2022 19:52

Greetings,

Here are some images from this weeks progress.

Trudeaux is going to be the biggest company in Shumen. Although this is an SCS prefab and Trudeaux is an in-game company, I must say that this area and its surroundings are inspired from a real-life company which looks quite similar to this image from the building colour to the fork. Unfortunately, I was unable to place it to its real-life location considering my long-term plans on E871. However, given that there is also a company located by I-2, I have decided to place it to on that company's location. This surely provides a less boring experience with respect to real life.

Last week, I told you that the Russian assets came with 1.44 were handier than I expected. And frankly, using them wasn't even in consideration given the cancellation of the concerning DLC. Nonetheless, here is a sneak peak from the eastern side of I-2. As you can see, all the vegetable stalls and fences behind are Russian assets which allow me to provide an enriched experience with respect to real life.

To be fair, eastern I-2 covers endless flat fields in real life which I resemble to Nebraska. Hence, this would add nothing to the player. For this reason, I decided to play with the brush tool a lot, excluded all the empty dull land all along the road (well, except a small area to be able to reflect this, as well) and to add every single detail I could remark.

Great news is that except far models (they are a bit tricky when you work in an existing country), the entire I-2 and and the eastern connection to the city are complete. Now, I can completely focus on the city itself. Which is at least done by 30%. Regarding this news, I presume that the first ever version will be ready within 2-3 weeks.

Wish me luck and see you next week!
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information