[OBS] Finnmark Mod - Saltfjellet - Beta - Promods 2.63+64 / ETS2 1.46

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
markus1725

06 Apr 2022 13:00

For a load order take a look here:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40651

some-thing

06 Apr 2022 14:59

The Finnmark mod needs to have a higher priority than the Promods Europe package (as it adds on to that package). If you are using further mods this principle still applies but the order of the individual mods can get complicated quickly. Your best bet is to consult one of the load order topics. I know Vinnie Terranova maintains one on the SCS forums and updates it as the game/mod versions change.

yezzurrr
Donation rank:

06 Apr 2022 23:27

Thx guys, load orders can get complicated I know, only took me two tries to figure out Finnmark had to be above promods...
If it is below both maps are there, but the roads connecting promods to finnmark are not correct, as the game prioritises the promods version of that road, over the finnmark version...

This map mod is AMAZING, im not going to spoil anything, but there are some things can't/won't be done by SCS, but most of us realistic truckers would like to see... they are in this map!
The only "bad" thing that carried over from SCS is the wide roads, 3 trucks just about fit on those... realistic would be 2 trucks fitting just about, or just about not fitting half the time on rual norwegian roads ;)
What a map this would be if the roads were swapped for slim ones, like the one connecting Karasjok - Utsjoki - Tana bru. Or even slimmer then that!
AI behaviour could be a problem yes, if its possible you could try to restrict traffic to cars only.
We'd still be able to drive super slim roads as if a truck could come the other way at any moment, but we would not have issues with AI trucks not being smart...
And in convoy mode there are (hopefully) smarter than AI drivers around on those roads, it works just fine in convoy mode btw, and is so much fun!
Maybe some events (the planes) were not rendered/triggered for my friend (with him as host), but he also just looks as far ahead as his nose length so will report back on convoy events when I can confirm something more concrete. Will let them get jumpscared at that lake just like I was when I went near that gas station haha

I have a dream about an ETS2 map mod, but do not have the time, and lack knowhow of blender/map editor. This gets really really close!

Garrington_Levy

07 Apr 2022 09:45

So I take it you like the map then, Yezzurrr? lol
If I were the Welsh Charles Bronson, I'd pay a quid for it.

SpaceNIght
Donation rank:

10 May 2022 22:00

I like this map. nice little addon, however I have a couple of ideas to think over.

The ferry that you have put between Brensholmnen and Botnhamn is a little on the large side, however the StavangarFjord is also a little underscale having the truck sat next to it and be 4 decks tall so it may need altering or perhaps move the Brensholmnen ferry asset moved to there and another ferry node added giving a service up to Honningsvag or Kirkenes, and Bergen, (the Hurtigruten route)

Then the little 1 hour service which is a Fjordhopper asset swap out for the Eurolines ferry (as found in Thurso, Scotland).

In short, its actually nice map to drive on.

some-thing

12 May 2022 00:00

With update 1.44 around the corner, we need to wait for the new version of promods and then this mod can be adjusted to the changes of both ETS and promods. The time it needs to update the mod depends on the changes needed.

In the meantime, there are some new screenshots to share...

OMNI du 31
Developer

12 May 2022 04:40

Hey some-thing, they look neat as always. Keep up the good work and good luck! :)
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

AndyTapster

12 May 2022 20:04

OldAndTired wrote:
26 Mar 2022 17:42
@Brainstick
Cool video!

That A380 at Tromsø airport still makes me chuckle!
The ø in Tromsø means island in old (not old Norse) modern Norwegian, if a 380 tried to land there, it would probably overshoot and go into the fjord, or if it managed to land....the island would sink! :D

-OaT

If I want to be pedantic, Tromsø airport's runway is 2447m long. A fully loaded A380-800 needs 2150m ;)

some-thing

15 May 2022 14:10

So, some new input for the A380 discussion:
The in-game runway length in Tromsø is 454m. If that was in the city, that'd convert to 1362m. Outside of the city limits it'd be 8626m. Now, part of it is within the city limits, and part of the runway is not.
145m are in the city limits of Tromsø and the remaining 309m are not. That results in a runway length of 6309m.
Now, you have to take into consideration that the A380 itself is parked outside of the city limits and therefore has a length of 1539m.

Good luck figuring out if it could land there :lol: :mrgreen:

Vladzz-G
Developer

15 May 2022 21:14

Nice progress on Norway, keep going! :)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”