[REL] BG+ (Bulgaria+) v1.0 (1.46)

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
OMNI du 31
Developer

06 May 2022 17:06

Greetings,

Although this week, I was rather busy with my other mod and when it comes to this one, rather experimental with under the hood stuff, here are some showcase images from this weeks progress. Please keep in mind that this is still work in progress and some things may be subject to change. Yet, I believe they are on a decent level for a showcase.

While entering Shumen, you may notice 2 unorthodox things. First, a driving school board in Turkish and secondly, 6 block of flats from the same model.

As I told you in previous weeks, I would also prefer to reflect the diversity of this city while keeping in mind that this is a Bulgarian city after all. After checking Google Maps, I found out that there really is a Turkish driving school right after the level crossing and decided to place it. Even, its name is in Turkish (although all my user interfaces everywhere are in French).

When it comes to those 6 blocks of flats in the background, to be honest, they also make me get a Cities: Skylines feeling. And they do look like a pure rookie work. However, unfortunately, it really is like that in real life. I could add more variety but this would give an unrealistic result. And I would have to replace + with Extended.

This section of the boulevard is almost done. How, I have to spice things up in this area with decals and probs. Also, I am personally not that satisfied with the median terrain, I will work on that too.

I would also love to show the custom roundabout center I made from a closer angle. But the area itself is highly WIP and most of the time, people may interpret WIP images as complete and may give wrong feedbacks. For this reason, I keep it to the next week.

Wish me luck and see you next week!

Ajouté 25 minutes 57 secondes après :
P.S. - Yes, it is a sign frame but after making 50 kinds of custom boards, I am about to puke whenever I launch the sign editor. I may take care of it or not. I don’t know for now. But for sure, that model doesn’t have a white variant at least among *blke* assets
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

Frozen1

07 May 2022 08:01

Hi there, as a Bulgarian I am really happy that someone finally has a desire to work on our country as its missing a lot of stuff. I live, work, and travel mainly in the Northeastern Bulgaria - Ruse, Varna, Shumen, Targovishte, Razgrad, Veliko Tarnovo, Dobrich, etc. If you need any help with something just ask. There are a lot of things missing in the game of this region. :)
ImageImage

HQ: Rousse (BG)
Truck: MAN TGX Euro 6 2013
ProMods since: August 2013 v1.0

OMNI du 31
Developer

07 May 2022 17:22

@Frozen1 thank you for your kind comments. :) It does mean a lot when someone from the area appreciates the work on that area. For now, I am doing fine but to be fair, it would come really handy if I could find a source where the roads on which trucks aren’t allowed would be extremely helpful.

Trgovishte may not be possible but when it comes to Razgrad, who knows… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

OMNI du 31
Developer

17 May 2022 16:39

Hello everyone,

I had to neglect this topic a bit because of being busy with other stuff. Nonetheless, here are the new showcase images from this weeks progress.

I can say that the city is almost done including optimisation. Yet, I want to check it at least 2 times more to make sure everything is fine when it comes to optimisation and the visual aspect.

This map illustrates the current status of my work for the current version. The white area indicates the things I built from scratch while the yellow areas indicate the areas that only include sign reworks. In addition, red areas indicate the places which are still in need of serious work.

On the other hand, you may also notice the city of Razgrad on the map. However, do not get high hopes on it as I only defined the city for the moment. The main reason for that is, that glass factory fits much better concerning the real life locations. The second reason is that, although Ruse is a smaller city than Varna, it had 5 companies while Varna had 4. Hence, this was steering the game economy towards Ruse more than it should have been.

See you around!
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

Frozen1

17 May 2022 16:58

Very good and promising. So happy for Razgrad too. It would be a good idea and I believe it will fit if you add one more companie north of Razgrad close to the train station. There is Amilum Bulgaria and on the other hand Pilko. Amilum is way bigger tho and a has a lot of truck traffic. Im really excited to see Shumen too. :)
ImageImage

HQ: Rousse (BG)
Truck: MAN TGX Euro 6 2013
ProMods since: August 2013 v1.0

Truckingfun9810
Donation rank:

17 May 2022 17:43

Very nice job. I believe you might be able to join the blue team very soon. :)

OMNI du 31
Developer

17 May 2022 21:08

@Frozen1, Thank you very much :) For the moment, I can't say anything about it since I haven't checked Razgrad in detail yet. For sure, a small rebuild would be fine in the future. When it comes to custom companies, Blender is needed and for the time being, I don't know anything about it.

@Truckingfun9810, Thank you very much :) I am already happy to be able to contribute ProMods as a beta tester. You can't know what future holds, for sure. But at the same time, never say never :D
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

TruckinTitan27
Donation rank:

19 May 2022 05:28

looking awesome man. I love the "Timber Turtle". Will that be a loading/unloading place or just scenery?

OMNI du 31
Developer

19 May 2022 11:12

Thank you! It is just scenery
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

OMNI du 31
Developer

20 May 2022 03:51

Dear fellow truckers,

After 6.5 weeks of work, I am glad to announce that I have finally released BG+ v0.9 on TruckyMods. Given that no map touches the sectors I have worked on, I can say that BG+ is map combo friendly. However, please keep in mind to place it above ProMods, RusMap and Project Balkans whenever they get released. Please keep in mind that the only official source of this map is TruckyMods and please report if you encounter any reuploads.

When it comes to technical details, although he DC in the city is higher than I hoped, the highest overall TC is 1.6-1.7M in rural areas on my end whilst it is 2.6-2.7M in the urban area. Given that these values decrease only by 100K-200K in DLC areas, I suppose you should be fine.

During this process, unfortunately, I had to remove an SCS easter egg which made me a little bit upset. However, in order to compensate it, I placed 4 easter eggs all around the map. Even, 2 of them are right under your nose. I am pretty sure that one of them will please the ProMods Community Discord members ;)

Good hunt!

DOWNLOAD on TruckyMods
Last edited by OMNI du 31 on 21 May 2022 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information