Promods 2.62 Convooi

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Madmex53
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2022 16:01

I have tried everything together with a friend and we come to the conclusion that it is not possible to drive in ETS2 convoy. we have the same def, doesn't work you get message promods definition local not found. do you use the Convoy Def the same story.

If you use the Convoy Def, you also have the problem that a lot of place names are not visible, and you can't load/unload there either.

This Promods 2.62 is really a flop

bricksathome
Developer

05 Aug 2022 18:13

The convoy Def has not been updated yet. It will be updated as soon as we're able to.
The Best Way To see What I've been Doing Recently Is To Click Here!
http://www.youtube.com/c/bricksathome1

Currently working in mid Wales in ETS2
and the area around Kelowna and Vernon in ATS

Madmex53
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2022 18:31

Then why publish an old version of promods and give a new version no.
what is more important now to quickly issue newer promods, or to tender for a longer time and issue a well-functioning promods

Vovota

05 Aug 2022 20:51

Hello, any approximate idea on when it could be updated? Roughly

ScuL
Founder

05 Aug 2022 23:44

It seems to me you fail to understand that this is a FREE project that people are doing in their FREE time.
It is not employment, it is not a job, it is not a business or company that is creating ProMods.

I am currently on holiday and I sacrificed nearly 3 days of my holiday to publish PM 2.62, last night I only slept 5 hours because I had to work on the mod until 2am and get up at 7am to catch a train.

Creating mods for the Steam Workshop is time intensive because you always have to back-track compatibility for previous versions and it is particularly hard to manage 2 Steam Accounts from the same PC.

Is it too much to ask to have some patience to wait 2 days after a release?
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Madmex53
Donation rank:

06 Aug 2022 21:39

A new update of the Promods Convoy Definition mod was released today on Steam. So now I'm using it and I've started a convoy. now comes the problem that others using that convoy definition mod can't join. everyone will then be told that they are using the wrong version of the convoy definition mod. and everyone uses the same mod. what is going on here now this is really the first time there are problems with these Promods 2.62

Roby1164
Donation rank:

07 Aug 2022 18:44

From what I understand, with this version, it is necessary to deactivate the Defintion Def, created for the single player, from the ETS mod manager, otherwise it does not allow access to the convoy. This with the previous versions was not needed and did not give problems, the convoy left anyway and disabled the personal DEF by itself .....
I hope that the creator of the mod, can find a way to bring back to the previous situation, since in this way it is inconvenient, having to exit the game, to disable the file, in case you want to create a convoy ..

Josh0

07 Aug 2022 19:45

@Roby1164, if you are using the ProMods Convoy Support mod from the Steam Workshop it has always been required to disable the ProMods Europe Definitions file that you downloaded. You should never use both mods at the same time. This has been true since the Convoy Support file was created for ProMods Europe 2.57. It even says this on the description page of the Steam Workshop:
This mod replaces your custom built definition pack. Your custom built definition pack will NOT work in Convoy Mode. Please disable your custom definition pack and only activate this pack for Convoy Mode!

Roby1164
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2022 09:11

I am not convinced that it has always been like this.
With the 2.60, I am sure that, we used the pro mod in convoi, without disabling the personal DEF from the mod manager, of the game, and it worked, while yesterday, we had to struggle, to understand what prevented us from entering the convoy, finding reported the "promods definition package" file error. I repeat that I am 100% sure it worked with both files activated, since I was traveling alone, then my friend came, and I created a convoy, without disabling anything, and it worked. While yesterday, in fact, it was not like this, at first I thought it was for having created a different DEF, but even I went to recreate it the same, it did not start, until reading on the Mod Workshop, I read that it was disabled by the mods of the mod manager .... Ok it's not a big problem, but as mentioned uncomfortable, since in fact, if you start in Single player, and then you want to switch to the convoy, you have to exit, to disable that file and activate the 'other.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 08 Aug 2022 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, do not quote the post above yours

Josh0

08 Aug 2022 16:04

Roby1164 wrote:
08 Aug 2022 09:11
if you start in Single player, and then you want to switch to the convoy, you have to exit, to disable that file and activate the 'other.
You can use the Convoy Support mod both in Convoy and in single player (so you don't have to switch). The downloaded definitions file can only be used in single player.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information