Need Help to Fix Steering in ETS2 1.34 and ProMods 2.33 (Non-Steam)

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Axel Slingerland

13 Aug 2022 07:34

Hello,

I have had ETS2 since 2013 and a Logitech G-27 since 2014, and no matter what I do, I can't figure out how to fix this problem. If I drive slow, like 50 to 70 kph, it's not so bad. But I hate driving slow. It does not do this all the time. Some days I can drive for hours without a problem. Other times, when I accelerate, for no apparent reason the truck will suddenly jerk to the left or right and slam into the guardrail, or go off road if there isn't one. And once it does that, all I can do is quit the game because the truck drives like a boat after that. Turning the wheel even just a tiny bit and it reacts like a boat in water does. At times re-calibrating the wheel or rebooting the PC helps, but not always.

I have searched the Internet for possible solutions and tried everything I have ever seen to fix this and the only thing that made any difference was putting wider tires on the truck. That made me think it was software related. But even that made only a small difference. So after years of messing with this, I've come to the conclusion that I could have botched the physics files somewhere, or (OMG no) the G-27 is broken in some way.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Driving at 50 to 70 kph all the time is fine for windy mountain roads, but on long, somewhat strait roads I like to cut loose.

As always, thank you in advance,

Ax
Today has been cancelled. Go back to bed.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information