Game crash near wroclaw

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
JessicaCucco

20 Nov 2022 17:38

Hello, how are you guys doing?

So the game crashes to desktop when trying to pass through Wroclaw. It's not a specific place, it crashes in diferent places in that big intersection. Here's the pastebin:

ScuL
Founder

20 Nov 2022 22:14

The error basically means that the game is doing something where it is running out of possibilities so either there is too much AI traffic or the AI traffic doesn't know where to go. Is this happening with ProMods only or are you using other mods?
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

JessicaCucco

24 Nov 2022 20:15

So, yes this is happening only with promods. I towed the truck to get past that big intersection and it didn't crash anymore! Now, when passing through Stockholm it started happening again, crashing in various places in Stockholm. Have in mind that I had my g traffic set to 2.0...so I thought that could be the problem so I started lowering it. When I set to 1.2 I almost got through but I started getting unloaded scenery which at 16 gb of ram is just impossible. Then it crashed again, always with the same errors in the game log. Is it possible that I can't increase the traffic?

Added in 29 minutes 15 seconds:
So, I lowered the traffic to 1.0 and got through Stockholm just fine, except for a bit of unloaded scenery when going though the shorter tunnel, but that was it. Am I not allowed to increase the traffic with ProMods or is it possible that this could be a performance issue? In my computer I should think not.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 25 Nov 2022 07:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, do not quote the post above yours

ScuL
Founder

25 Nov 2022 01:10

It is possible that the AI paths on certain prefabs can create problems when the g_traffic setting is too high, causing AI conflicts.
There are better ways to increase AI traffic rather than changing the g_traffic setting
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Josh0

25 Nov 2022 17:39

JessicaCucco wrote:
24 Nov 2022 20:44
Am I not allowed to increase the traffic with ProMods or is it possible that this could be a performance issue?
SCS does not support setting the g_traffic variable higher than 1.0. Try a traffic density mod, Real Traffic Density ETS2 is a popular one.

Your crash is caused by the game running out of buffer space (due to the increased traffic). Try to increase the "r_buffer_page_size" variable from 10 to 20 or 30. You can find the variable in your game's "config.cfg" file (found in the same place as your game.log). Note: only edit this file while the game is closed.

JessicaCucco

25 Nov 2022 18:46

I've installed that very mod and got the same crash immediately after starting to play...now that I've seen your reply I just increased the buffer so let's see if it works now.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 26 Nov 2022 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, DO NOT quote the post above yours

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information