ProMods in the UK

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
suvvers2003
Donation rank:

18 Dec 2022 17:15

Firstly, I'd like to say just how much I love how good the UK looks with ProMods, and has for some time. As a real life truck driver who works on containers out of Felixstowe, I can confirm that I don't think you could get that area much more accurate than it is...aside from making a driver wait for an hour at Port Of Felixstowe! :D

There are a few things I would love to see in future releases which would make it mod more realistic and enjoyable, and I wonder if the developers might keep this in mind as time allows. In Cambridgeshire, the area around Cambridge where the A14 and M11 meet was changed in 2020 and would love to see this reflected in the game eventually. I would also love to see the Catthorpe Interchange (where the A14, M1, and M6 meet). Currently, even with ProMods, it's a cloverleaf junction with access in all directions from all roads. In real life, this isn't the case; from the A14, you can either continue onto the M6 Westbound or join the M1 Northbound, from the M6 you can only continue onto the A14 Eastbound or join the M1 Southbound, and from the M1, you can only join the M6 if you're travelling North and can only join the A14 if travelling South. It's clearer when looked at from a map or actually driven. I, and I'm sure many other UK based drivers, would also really like to see the whole of the A1 from the M25 all the way up to Scotland if that were possible.

Obviously, I expect these are huge undertakings and I'm not under any illusion that they are quick or easy to do, even if the limitations of developing the game would even allow them. But if they are possible, I would love to see them in a future ProMods update.

ScuL
Founder

18 Dec 2022 23:33

Feedback has been passed to the current UK developer(s)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Starkenhund

18 Dec 2022 23:39

How about Leeds to be added to promods as well
Last edited by bmwGTR on 19 Dec 2022 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, DO NOT quote the post above yours

ScuL
Founder

19 Dec 2022 00:04

Leeds has been on the wish list for a long time, the issue with it however is that it's interconnected to lots of other different places which requires a major rework of the north(/east)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

19 Dec 2022 13:21

suvvers2003 wrote:
Firstly, I'd like to say just how much I love how good the UK looks with ProMods, and has for some time. As a real life truck driver who works on containers out of Felixstowe, I can confirm that I don't think you could get that area much more accurate than it is...aside from making a driver wait for an hour at Port Of Felixstowe! :D
Thanks! I live just across the bay from Felixstowe, so It's familiar territory for me too! It's always a bit tricky making an area in-game look authentic, with map-scale restrictions etc.. 😣
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

EpicTrucks

20 Dec 2022 23:51

suvvers2003 wrote:
Well apart from adding a few thousand massive potholes (but please don't) :-)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information